Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Help with Spektrum SRS4210 - How to disable AVC? >

Help with Spektrum SRS4210 - How to disable AVC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Spektrum SRS4210 - How to disable AVC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Help with Spektrum SRS4210 - How to disable AVC?

Hello can anyone help me with disabling AVC? I have read and re-read the Spektrum disabling instructions... simple as they are... it says to insert a second bind plug into the disable location on the RX prior to binding... so I did that and it is still active...
Help is much appreciated.
Video or photograph instructions are even more appreciated - I am a slow learner
Old 05-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Figured it out. Well I didn't exactly - but a good pal did - all it takes is to re-bind the RX / TX with the bind plug and an extra plug in the disable spot on the RX. Leave the Disable Plug in the RX upon completion and remove the bind plug.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ropalmer
Figured it out. Well I didn't exactly - but a good pal did - all it takes is to re-bind the RX / TX with the bind plug and an extra plug in the disable spot on the RX. Leave the Disable Plug in the RX upon completion and remove the bind plug.
Out of curiosity why not disable it from the radio? My DX4S has a field for "inhibit" that disables it. Doesn't it operate as a normal 4 channel when not used with an AVC compatible radio?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

quick question does anyone have any problems with their spektrum dx4 on the track? the reason I'm asking is I am about to purchase one but I want to make sure the DSMR module will function. I heard that some drivers had issues with their spektrums.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

I haven't used it around tons of other radios but it works pretty well with 2.4ghz wifi nearby and 2-3 other radios. The range test was just a little(100ft) shy of the Futaba, and much farther than my Associated radios.

You're not going to have a problem on the track. I haven't had a single 2.4 glitch on me.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Servo speed function on DX4R Pro?

I have the DX3R Pro and I can adjust the servo speed via the scroll down menu in the TX. Does the DX4R DSMR radio have the same feature? I've looked at all the literature the new DSMR radio and it's all about how great the AVC is, which BTW as I read the ROAR rule book is illegal at ROAR races. Also will the DX4R DMSR radio work without AVC, on the older Spectrum receivers that are compatible with my DX3R Pro?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Red_Comet
quick question does anyone have any problems with their spektrum dx4 on the track? the reason I'm asking is I am about to purchase one but I want to make sure the DSMR module will function. I heard that some drivers had issues with their spektrums.
If anyone else around you is using a FlySky or similar radio theres a good chance that it could interfere.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I have the DX3R Pro and I can adjust the servo speed via the scroll down menu in the TX. Does the DX4R DSMR radio have the same feature? I've looked at all the literature the new DSMR radio and it's all about how great the AVC is, which BTW as I read the ROAR rule book is illegal at ROAR races. Also will the DX4R DMSR radio work without AVC, on the older Spectrum receivers that are compatible with my DX3R Pro?

Yes I can confirm my DX4s has a servo speed adjustment. I tried playing with it and it didn't seem to have any effect. Whats it do?

2nd answer, Manual states DX4 is backwards compatible with all DSM and DSMR receivers. Also it looks like Spektrum forsaw ROAR banning it's use because they have included a disable jumper feature. Out of AVC mode it functions as a normal 4 channel with telemetry.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

The rule against gyros and other driver aids has been in place with Roar and Ifmar for some time I believe. If I remember correctly it goes back to the early-mid '90s when Schumacher brought a traction control setup to a Worlds. Not disabling it, having it capable of being turned on from the radio, would likely not be considered acceptable.

From the Roar rules:
The use of traction control sensing devices, active suspension devices, and
steering control devices aided by gyroscopes or accelerometers (G-force
sensors) of any kind is strictly prohibited. Sensors may be used for the purpose of passive data recording but not for adjusting the performance of the vehicle while in motion.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kodack10
Yes I can confirm my DX4s has a servo speed adjustment. I tried playing with it and it didn't seem to have any effect. Whats it do?

2nd answer, Manual states DX4 is backwards compatible with all DSM and DSMR receivers. Also it looks like Spektrum forsaw ROAR banning it's use because they have included a disable jumper feature. Out of AVC mode it functions as a normal 4 channel with telemetry.
Thanks all Bought the DX4S for my friend as a graduation present. Has all the bells and whistles he needs right now plus it has the servo speed adjustment, which simply slows down the servo speed. I have high speed servos and I use it for very high speed sweepers so that I don't over steer and scrub speed (or worse spin out) and I still have full throw of the servo for the tighter turns. Works for me at least on the large outdoor asphalt parking lot tracks I race on where traction isn't always the best.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ropalmer
Hello can anyone help me with disabling AVC? I have read and re-read the Spektrum disabling instructions... simple as they are... it says to insert a second bind plug into the disable location on the RX prior to binding... so I did that and it is still active...
Help is much appreciated.
Video or photograph instructions are even more appreciated - I am a slow learner
Hammer, a big hammer. Not a Spektrum fan.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Out of curiosity why not disable it from the radio? My DX4S has a field for "inhibit" that disables it. Doesn't it operate as a normal 4 channel when not used with an AVC compatible radio?
I know this is a bolt-from-the-blue followup but for some reason the Inh option on my DX4S doesn't actually turn off the AVC (and I don't want to have to keep rebinding to turn of AVE). Anyone else having similar issues? Anyone fixed it?
Old 10-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I have just installed a DX4C in my E-Revo and after having to add a servo splitter and rebinding several times, I have the AVC working but I am unable to turn it off from the Radio. I thought the "inh" in the AVC mode was supposed to turn it off but it still seems active. I am going to try to use the second bind plug to disable but I really thought I could use it on the fly and not have to rebind every time I want to have it.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tooltimenova
I have just installed a DX4C in my E-Revo and after having to add a servo splitter and rebinding several times, I have the AVC working but I am unable to turn it off from the Radio. I thought the "inh" in the AVC mode was supposed to turn it off but it still seems active. I am going to try to use the second bind plug to disable but I really thought I could use it on the fly and not have to rebind every time I want to have it.
Is the same on my DX4C, but when i use the second bind plug, after the rebind the SRS4210 keeps flashing.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

hi

i just bought a dx4s.

was playing around and the AVC option disappeared from the menu.

anyone able to help me????

can't set up my avc. buggy is going crazy

thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.