Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy 7.5 mach 2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Reedy 7.5 mach 2 problems

Friday night at the races i was out doing some practice before the night started. First round of practice went normal no issues. Took the car off the track, helped the kids get their cars ready. threw my car out for one more practice session, started out normal, hit the triple, cased it no biggie but then i went to take off and nothing. I thought it was the lipo cut out so i took it to the pit table and noticed it was excessively hot. maybe a third of a lap and it was at 135*. Noticed all three lights of esc were on. So i turned the car off then back on and gave it some throttle, the car sounded like the sensor cable was messed up, checked the connection everything looked good. Took my car over to one of our more experienced racers and asked him to check it out. I gave it a little throttle to show him the chunky sound/ look to the motor and it started smoking. turned the car off, took the motor out, let him look at it and he gave me the diagnosis that he thought it was the sensor board letting go. Cool, no biggie, threw a 17.5 in and raced stock with no issues. Fast forward to today, i was going to go practice and needed to do some maintenance on the cars, i had a Reedy 7.0 mack 2 laying around, so i stole the sensor board out of that one and put it in my 7.5, soldered it up just to a quick test run, gave a little throttle and the motor started smoking out the front almost instantly and the motor took off on its own. Unplugged the power real quick and just in that short time motor got to 110*. Unsoldered the 7.5 and just to check went to spin the pinion and it doesnt spin, not like any of my other motors, its almost like the polarity is messed up. would that be the stator or the rotor doing that?