Wiki Posts
Search

Trackstar / Toro 150A Gen II with multi-function program box

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yz4jdm
Just bought the Toro TS150A and X8S 1750KV to replace my Tekin setup...

First use went ok once I figured things out a bit. Does anybody know what 4 Beeps (red led) mean??

I think it was temp cutoff but not sure.
Did you get an answer for this? I had a dnf on a heat race due to this..

I think you are right, but for what.. the motor or the esc..
Old 07-22-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Esc fan

The fan has gone in my skyrc toro ts 150a esc just wondering what replacement fan can be used. Cheers
Old 07-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ur2slw
Got 2 of these with bad switches and wondering if anybody had any luck swapping switches and what one did u use ???
Me too
Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hobbyking and SkyRC both sell standalone push button switches similar to these, but they come with an extra pair of wires to connect to a receiver and battery pack. You could use one of those and figure which combination of wires you need to complete the esc circuit.

Last edited by matt_is_superco; 08-07-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

You can't just connect the wires, these esc's use a momentary switch so if you connect the wires directly on the switch it interprets it as you entering program mode.

You can cut the switch off, touch the two wires together to power up then untouch and the esc should stay on, touch them again to turn off.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Originally Posted by Darrin70
Anyone know when they will have a firmware update for the TS120sc and TS150a? Installed a TS120Sc and it has very weak breaks.. You can't even re flash the firmware...
I have TORO SC120A. It has very weak brakes, but otherwise is working fine. I'm considering upgrading to TORO TS150A. Can anyone confirm that brakes are fine on this one?

BTW, I'm running it with Tenshock TS X812, 1900kv 6pole motor with sensore wire.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Toro 150a and motor 6 pole

Can i run 6 pole on 6s? Toro or it will damaged the motor?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i know this thread is old,but i have trackstar 150a and its calibrated i can go reverse but when i go forward it doesnt go forward but green light comes on.motor wires are correct.do i need the program card to fix this?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

you have to reverse it in the speedo settings via program box
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok thankyou,already ordered it should be here Monday.is it possible i can reverse 2 wires on motor to make it go forward? Just curious
Originally Posted by wothrottle
you have to reverse it in the speedo settings via program box
Old 09-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I recently bought a Toro TS 150A ESC and there are two things that I don't like.

First thing - when you slowly accelerate and then go back to neutral, right after putting the trigger back to neutral position, the car like jumps forward a little. Imagine driving 1:1 manual transmission car and stopping without clutch. The car jumps a bit forward. So cause of this, it's almost impossible to stop from low speed on desired place or just drive slowly with putting the trigger to neutral sometimes. You stop and after putting the trigger to neutral, the car still goes a little forward. Like an power pulse going to the motor.

Second thing - the reverse. The reverse curve is messed up. In the first like 10 % of the trigger position, the reverse speed is insane, like 70 % right away. But if you skip the first 10 % of reverse trigger position quickly enough, the reverse behaves as it should, nice and proportional. It's hard to explain, but it's a big problem. Imagine the custom throttle line you can set via the skylink software. First 10 % of X axis have constant 70 % Y axis value. Then the Y value drops to 0% and then the line rises and is nice and proportional. When you try to reverse slowly, the car just spurts back.

I have my Sanwa transmitter binded and set correctly, no EXPO, all trims on 0, nothing that can possible affect this. Im riding Xray XB8e and I use sensored LRP DYNAMIC 8 motor. My car is new, with new electronics and new good quality LI-Po 4S battery. I use no timings, no boost, no turbo. What Im trying to say it's really not my fault. I have 12+ years experience in RC world.

Does this happen to you guys with this ESC?

Last edited by tekayi; 09-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

For that first thing, it kinda sounds like the "coasting" feature on some Hobbywing ESCs - something which sounded interesting in the feature explanation but was actually completely ridiculous, like your described. Now, I don't have this ESC - I've been thinking of trying one eventually - and the manual doesn't list this feature, but if you have some newer firmware or something, then maybe such a feature might be there and enabled. Worth checking out. I suppose it could be some sort of mess-up in the boost/turbo settings, though that seems unlikely especially as you said you don't use them. Have you changed the other settings from default much?

For that second thing... huh. I actually had something similar with my Speed Passion ESC just a couple weeks back. Turned out to be a faulty sensor wire. Do you have another sensor wire you could try?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for replying, the firmware is stock, there never was an update as far as I know. I played with the settings A LOT and the car does that everytime, with different throttle curves, punch settings, throttle dead band settings.. The only thing that helped was enabling the drag brake (because it starts braking right when you put the trigger to neutral)

The idea with sensor wire is interesting, I'll eventually give it a try, but the thing is that it happens also without the sensor wire, so, who knows.

Or..

I already contacted the SkyRc support..

Last edited by tekayi; 09-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't have that ESC, so pure guessing here on my part (on the reverse speed issue), but: is there a setting for initial brake? Maybe the ESC (for whatever reason) jumps up to that value in reverse also, not just on braking...?
Old 09-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Tech Initiate

It is there, but I have it set to =Drag brake, and the car does that with drag brake set to both zero and non zero values.. 😞

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.