Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Rookie

hi did anyone of u guy used this on a 200amp esc trunigy trackstar?thnks
Old 05-13-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmym3
hi did anyone of u guy used this on a 200amp esc trunigy trackstar?thnks
This multi-function program box does not work with the 200A Trackstar esc. That 200A esc is part of the first generation and will only work with the card that has blinking lights - PRODUCT ID: TTS-Prog
Old 06-16-2015, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by larshans1
Hi,
The specs says that the motor limit is 2~4S LiPo: KV<3000, 2~6 poles.

I need a new ESC for my SC10 4x4 with Tenshock SC411 4-pole 5200kv.

I am running it on 2S LiPo.
This is out of the ESC's range, will it be to much for it?
This hasn't been answered, and I would like to know as well. Want to use the TS 150a with a 2wd SCT, have a 3300kv 4 pole. Not far over the limit, and since this esc is made for 1/8, I'm led to believe that it will handle the higher kvs in 1/10 vehicles. The motors pull lower amperage than an equivalent 1/8 motor, and the lighter weight should also factor in.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

cycle: I just recently asked SkyRC support and was told that trying to run a 3500 kv motor at 4S is not advisable and could damage the TS 150A.

I have my doubts that lower load will help, if the ESC just isn't build/programmed for the required electric kv. Now if you're going to use 2S, just pick a 1/10 scale ESC.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I didn't think about the actual programming of the esc not being compatible with higher kv. I'm running 2S but just liked the idea of having the 1/8 scale esc in case I get an E-buggy someday. And that 5A BEC is nice, but I still have room for a UBEC and a small family in my sct. Thanks
Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just to confirm to you guys the SkyRc and the TrackStar ESCs use different firmware inside, physically they are pretty much the same but the firmware has been designed by HobbyKing and has a few little advantages over the standard SkyRC ESC. That is why the cards aren't interchangeable. It isn't meant to make things harder for people rather it is meant to give people options.

Also, there is new firmware for the programming card on the product listing: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...grammable.html Try it out, would love to hear your comments.

I just got my programming card this week (they have been extremely hard to get recently) so going to do some testing myself this weekend.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Toro TS150 esc problem

hi, i just bought the Toro TS150 1/8 esc, i set the running mode to Forward/Brake/Reverse, set 0 on Drag Brake, when i throttle and release, move the throttle to neutral point, and move the throttle forward to brake, but what i get is reverse, i can't brake to slow down the car,

i understand that on the first forward throttle, i will get brake function, and at the second forward throttle, the reverse will kick in,

is this esc come with this function,

i try to set the car to Forward/Brake, but the car can't move,

is there anything i need to do to get this function,

thank you
Old 06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davi
hi, i just bought the Toro TS150 1/8 esc, i set the running mode to Forward/Brake/Reverse, set 0 on Drag Brake, when i throttle and release, move the throttle to neutral point, and move the throttle forward to brake, but what i get is reverse, i can't brake to slow down the car,

i understand that on the first forward throttle, i will get brake function, and at the second forward throttle, the reverse will kick in,

is this esc come with this function,

i try to set the car to Forward/Brake, but the car can't move,

is there anything i need to do to get this function,

thank you
Did you have your EPA's maxxed out when you calibrated?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt_is_superco
This multi-function program box does not work with the 200A Trackstar esc. That 200A esc is part of the first generation and will only work with the card that has blinking lights - PRODUCT ID: TTS-Prog
There is an update you can do to the Progbox to get it to work on the 200A ESC. When you do it, the card will ONLY work with the 200A ESC but you can revert to the old software and it will work as it did before the update. If anybody needs the instructions to update the card just let me know and I can send them on over.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Just installed Turnigy Trackstar 150A GenII with the 1900kv Motor. Using the trackstar program box.

Works nicely.

Few questions,

1) Wondering if there are any firmware updates that i should update? cant see anything about updating on hobbyking page?!?

2) Is there a push setting for the esc tucked away some where?

3) I notice there is *Modify*, Profile 1 2 3 etc etc. How do you save a profile?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I've read through this whole thread several times today and I'm still confused.

Is there any way to program the TrackStar rebrand with the SkyRC progbox? I have a SkyRC progbox and the TrackStar 150A gen ii ESC.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
OK, I've read through this whole thread several times today and I'm still confused.

Is there any way to program the TrackStar rebrand with the SkyRC progbox? I have a SkyRC progbox and the TrackStar 150A gen ii ESC.

Thanks in advance.
No. The Trackstar esc and SkyRc programming box are incompatible.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Most companies buy a specific component (hardware) then develop the software in house to control how the esc runs. So the code is totally different than another company wrote it. Sans Turnigy, Skyrc. Why is it so hard to buy the same program box as the esc. Save yourself some disappointment.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Has any one found a way to make the the TS Link work with Windows 10?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Warranty information

How long is the warranty on these esc's? Do they have to get sent overseas? I have had bad luck with packages getting lost on the way to china. It costs over $50 to ship it with tracking from California which does not make sense for a $75 esc.

I am considering one of these but the warranty procedures will decide if I pull the trigger.

Anyone care to share their good or bad warranty experiences with Trackstar esc's?

Last edited by tc4basher; 08-31-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.