Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanwa Super Vortex Zero ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

re: boost setting, i cannot explain it well but Code 1 and Code 3 (Aux2) sets the boost, while Code 2 is turbo. i just did a trial and error, good thing there's SSL so i don't have to pit to change settings.

re: Throttle feel, i think 0 setting is comparable to 100% punch in other ESCs, and the more throttle feel you dial in, the less punch you have on the Vortex that's why it feels smoother.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Voodoo.

Interesting point about the "Feel" setting. I had not considered that it may be "punch" My car has felt like it lacked Punch and so I will try the other end of the scale and report back before finding the optimum setting for my track.

I have a test session planned for this weekend and so I will report back.

Sadly no ssl for me, currently saving for the mt4s.. and so it could be a long session haha!

Cheers
Old 11-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Here's the 2 page radio setting you want to print out to keep in your bag, it has the EXACT numbers on what every setting means.

Example: AUX1: Code 1 = (default 0 = 100%) Aux value adjustment range 0 (100%) to -100 (0%) in 1% increments.

http://www.airtronics.net/media/uplo...sers_Guide.pdf

I also created a label for the bottom of my m12 since I can't rename the AUX values like the m12s & mt4s.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
If the Sanwa can not run under low voltages then get a booster and run the standard Sanwa mini servo. The 3.7 specs IMO are not good enough for 1/12th. It's a nice idea to have a 3.7v servo, but I'd rather have 5.0~6.0 volts running through a servo.
I run the combo esc and the sanwa low volt servo. It works like s charm, perfect!
Old 11-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ESC works great with 1s lipo using HV servos
Attached Thumbnails Sanwa Super Vortex Zero ESC-image.jpg  
Old 11-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Old 11-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggy
Seeking some settings advise please.

I run 13.5 Boosted on a small/medium on road track. My previous ESC I was able to enter specific settings. What settings on the Vortex should I be using to replicate this;

Boost 50 degrees
Start 4,000
Finish 16,000
No turbo,
Punch Rate stage 1 20
Punch rate stage 2 20
Punch switch 50%

I have read this thread, the one in the electronics section and the instruction sheet a few times and I am still not sure what some settings do.
Can someone that understands them offer an explanation (not copy the instructions but explain what each does - i.e. boost setting - if I set this to Maximum, how many degrees of boost does it apply..?) - what effect does the throttle feel have - does this provide a more sensitive throttle application - if so, in what scenario would you use anything less than the best "feel"

Cheers,
Any help? I'm reading along here, trying to decide whether to buy one or not...
Old 11-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

bought one yesterday to try out. wish they had the motor leads already soldered onto the esc. Looks like a solid piece. I see the two spots for servo and transponder, where is everybody putting the fan? Is that what the Y connector is for?
Old 11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah i used a y connector for my vortex plus. its only downside if you ask me.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
bought one yesterday to try out. wish they had the motor leads already soldered onto the esc. Looks like a solid piece. I see the two spots for servo and transponder, where is everybody putting the fan? Is that what the Y connector is for?
The fan port is the white connection next to the sensor wire. I simply sliced and extended the fan wire to reach my motor.

I'm not using a fan on my esc.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cridd
The Y connector is for Fan + AMB transponder
as some ppl dont use AMB you can just connect directly with Fan instead
Old 12-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone have trouble adjusting the manual 1-4 settings? I cannot seem to set these.
1. I make sure both transmitter and ESC are on.
2. I hold down the white program button (the one on the power switch) for about 4 or 5 seconds and the ESC setting lights flash.

There is a blue and white lite that flash consistently, but I cannot see that they flash any certain amount of times.

3. I try clicking the white setup button to see if I am in program mode, but the lights just consistently flash.

A bit lost. I looked online for videos and couldn't find anything in English.

Can anyone help? Or post a video? Or just walk me through it a bit better than the manual?

Thanks.

Other notes: Jumper is set to SSL on and I am getting telemetery. I am using this with a MT4-S.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone running the vortex in spec classes? I now have all our cars with this esc but seems to run motor warmer or guessing it could be fan placement since I moved fan in front of motor with the extra space
Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Anyone have trouble adjusting the manual 1-4 settings? I cannot seem to set these.
1. I make sure both transmitter and ESC are on.
2. I hold down the white program button (the one on the power switch) for about 4 or 5 seconds and the ESC setting lights flash.

There is a blue and white lite that flash consistently, but I cannot see that they flash any certain amount of times.

3. I try clicking the white setup button to see if I am in program mode, but the lights just consistently flash.

A bit lost. I looked online for videos and couldn't find anything in English.

Can anyone help? Or post a video? Or just walk me through it a bit better than the manual?

Thanks.

Other notes: Jumper is set to SSL on and I am getting telemetery. I am using this with a MT4-S.
I'll post a vid tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.