Wiki Posts
Search

Active8 550 problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Active8 550 problem

I have a problem with my novak set up. Im running an active8 with a novak 5.5 550 motor in my sc10 4x4. I have been running my setup for 6 months no problem. Then tonight during my main it cuts out. Brought into the pits and checked all my wires and temps all were good. Put in a new sensor wire and could run 2 more laps then cuts out again. I now notice it cogs some on takeo
ff under load and when it cuts outI can give it a push and it will go again. So my question is: Am I dealing with a motor problem or a speedo problem? Just want to get an idea of which it is before I try to take them to novak and have to wait to run my 4x4.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Rusty,

Do you have another motor or speedo to swap out? If you can swap one or the other, you may be able to ascertain which of the pieces is giving you issues. Also, when the truck shuts down have you paid attention to which of the LED's are on or flashing?

Here are links to the track guides which may help you diagnose your issue:

Newer Activ8 with SuperTuner software:
http://teamnovak.com/file_download/1...TrackGuide.pdf

Older Activ8 without SuperTuner:
http://teamnovak.com/file_download/1...rack_Guide.pdf

If you cannot determine the issue that way, give the folks up at Novak a call or email...

Wilde

Last edited by tufferwilde; 08-13-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: can't type
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When the truck shuts down nothing is flashing on the esc its has the normal lights on if I hit full throttle the green light comes on when brake is applied the red and yellow when neutral. It acts like I hit the lvc so I just have servo function but since the lights on the speedo do follow what I do with my remote and Its not throwing a code of locked rotor or anything my suspicion lead me to a motor problem. Since I already tried 2 new sensor wires all thats left is the board in the motor. So I went ahead and ordered a new timing/sensor board for the balistic since it was only 15 bucks. Im going to try this first since my 120 day warranty is up. I dont have another motor or speedo to try unfortunetly. Ill report back what I find out
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you have not fixed this yet I just had the same problem and it was the speedo that was the problem. The sensor plug on the speedo went bad.