Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro electronic troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nitro electronic troubleshooting

I have a 10 year old RTR Nitro TC3, haven't ran it in 4 years been sitting. Trying to get the electrics to work and having no luck, no power seems to be getting to the servos, maybe not through the receiver. I hooked receiver up to a electric car that I have that is working and it works fine. Hooked the servos up to the receiver in the other car and it seems to work fine. I am getting 5.7 volts at the end past the switch on the TC3 from receiver AA. Any help on getting this figured out would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bradley
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have you tried plugging in battery pack directly into the receiver, bypassing the switch?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, that is where I was checking to see if there was power through the wires with multimeter.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

So just to recap so i understand, so your getting voltage at the connector that is being plugged into the receiver, and also said receiver worked when plugged into a different car?

The only things i can think of past that would be to plug the receiver into the car where it worked and make note of where the red and black wires are to double check its getting plugged in correctly, if it's still not working I'd suspect a faulty servo that grounded it's self internally causing the receiver to shut down
Old 07-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Is it possible for the receiver to not be getting power through it from where the batteries are plugged into?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Well you said it worked in an electric car right? So in that instance the receiver is powered by the esc thru the throttle channel, so maybe the "batt" port on your receiver has bit the dust