Best upgrade ever

Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Best upgrade ever

I just bought a new radio today an Airtronics M11X this is the best thing ever. I know The M12 is out and faster but I'm coming from a crap FlySky Gt3b it worked but it is so slow it's ridiculous. I can actully drive my buggy (MBX6 nitro) now, it feels as if I'm connected strait to the car. So for any body getting it to this hobby or considering buying a cheap radio do yourself a favor and spend some money on the read deal.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's like going from a smart car to a Ferrari. Great choice!! I had one, but sold it after a few months. I didn't use 3/4 of the features it has. I have a Futaba 4PL now which is great, but I do miss that M11x. I have a very good Life battery for that if you're interested.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Awesome radio. Heck, I recently made the switch from a Spektrum to a Futaba 4PKS-R and even that is a difference. That's for sure. Lap times dropped by an average of a half to 1 full second with this new radio just due to feel alone. Awesome piece. Radio upgrades are often one of the more underestimated upgrades.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

definitely

went from a flysky to spektrum to sanwa m11X

the gap was even bigger betweenn the sanwa and the spektrum than the flysky and the spektrum

the m11x is an awesome radio!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I have used the Airtronics M8, M11, M11x and the M12...IMO i would prefer the M11x. The M12 is a great radio but it has sooooo many features that I wouldnt even begin to use, let alone know how to use. The interface on the M11x is much more user friendly to, at least to me. Good choice!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Same here.

Went from a GT3B to an M11x and I couldn't be happier. The radio is super precise and very ergonomic. I'm left handed and it is one of the few radios that caters to lefties and my driving improved a lot.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've been telling people for years that the latency in cheap radios is a really bad thing. All I ever hear is "no human can tell the difference". Well, I'm human and I can tell the difference. Glad to see there really are a few more of us super-humans around
Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

anybody should feel it, my girlfriend tried my M11X and sold her DX3C a few days after to buy the same radio (she's a lefty)

now we have two M11X and it makes us look like rich people but we got very good deals when the M12 came out

the feel is even better with the 451R receiver and a SSR compatible servo, sensations are so much more precise compared to our previous spektrum garbage..oops sorry