Search
Like Tree1Likes

** TEKIN RX8 GEN 2 OFFICIAL THREAD **

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default ** TEKIN RX8 GEN 2 OFFICIAL THREAD **

New RX8 Gen 2 Speed Controllers available soon!! Tekin has stepped up the game once again! Who is getting one... or 5? What do you like about it?

I will be updating these first few posts often. If there is any content you wish to see within these first few posts please send me a PM.

LINK TO RX8 ON TEAM TEKIN'S WEBSITE

The RX8 GEN2 brings new features and next level performance to the popular RX8 series speed controls. Designed using today's state of the art micro components, the GEN2 delivers advanced tuning options for the hardcore racer. When it comes to large scale racing, the RX8 GEN2 has what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability.

Packed with new features, the RX8 GEN2 delivers a programmable high-voltage BEC, an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Datalogging capabilities in a small sized package. Couple the RX8 GEN2 with a T8 Competition Brushless Motor for the ultimate in 1/8th scale racing equipment. Couple the GEN2 with a Pro4 or Pro4HD for the most dominant power system available for your 4WD Short Course Truck!

FEATURES

Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
Datalogging Capability
High Voltage Programmable BEC
EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
On-Board Temperature Indicator
Removable/Replaceable Cooling Fan
HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
Pit Tune Mode
DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
QuickTune™ Programming
One-Touch Radio Calibration

30mm RX8 Fan Included #TT3832 >>view image
High airflow volume for extreme cooling
Impact resistant durable design for offroad applications
Brushless Motor

PROGRAM FEATURES

High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
Drag Brake (13 steps)
Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
Neutral Width (13 steps)
Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
Custom Throttle Curves
Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, Custom)
Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files*
Save, Load and Share Data Log files*
Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface

*Requires HotWire Sold Separately

SPECS.

Controls: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Input Voltage: 2S-6S Lipo
BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v 7amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd Only Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd/Rev Mode: No Limit
Max Current: 220amps per phase
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Brushless Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.2 x 1.4in (38 x 55.8 x 25.5mm)
Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g

Last edited by -WHEELMAN-; 05-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Reserved
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Reserved.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah i was already in the market for another ESC and this will probably be it.. easy access link connector is something i've been wanting and i run HV servos now so the 7.4v output will be useful. The problem is my receiver needs to be able to handle it as well so i might have to go the external BEC route anyway.. we'll see. I'm competitive with a MMP on 4s or 6s so it'd really have to be worth the extra $$..
Old 05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by neospud
Yeah i was already in the market for another ESC and this will probably be it.. easy access link connector is something i've been wanting and i run HV servos now so the 7.4v output will be useful. The problem is my receiver needs to be able to handle it as well so i might have to go the external BEC route anyway.. we'll see. I'm competitive with a MMP on 4s or 6s so it'd really have to be worth the extra $$..
Most receivers now will handle more than 6V. Even if you ran an ex-BEC it would still be powering the receiver with the higher voltage, unless you used the RX8 BEC to power the receiver and the ex-BEC to power the servo. I've done it for people before.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The latest and greatest!

Congrats Tekin! Great product!

I decided to move to Tekin and go with an all new Tekin System in January to go in my new truck... bought the RX8 in late January and patiently waited until April for the Pro4 HD, to have a State of the Art, brand-spanken-new Tekin system. I received the motor 2 weeks ago and had the newest and best Tekin System.... and now my RX8 has instantly become an "old" ESC... overnight. Still love it, but it's amazing how quickly something can become cutting edge to old news... in 24 hours.

Time to pass the RX8 on, and pick up a Gen 2!

Last edited by spy2jgc; 05-02-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

it's an upgrade not a new speedo so don't worry too much

the main interesting thing about the gen2 is its BEC but you could have the same effect with an external one
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many "Official Threads" does a white case need? Does the pink one someone painted on another thread get an "Official Thread" as well?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neu2this
How many "Official Threads" does a white case need? Does the pink one someone painted on another thread get an "Official Thread" as well?
Well, at least this one is in the right section. I have yet to understand why the tekin boys get to have their esc thread in the "electric offroad section", when it should be here in "radios and electronics".
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Is it waterproof?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by neu2this
It's much more than "just a white case." It is smoother, the brakes are fantastic with the adjustable "Active Braking" settings, the BEC is awesome, the HotWire port makes adjustments even easier and we just added a new look for 2013.

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Well, at least this one is in the right section. I have yet to understand why the tekin boys get to have their esc thread in the "electric offroad section", when it should be here in "radios and electronics".
It's not just us, there are lots of ESC/Electronics in the offroad section. Technically it's an offroad system, so it can really go anywhere..

Originally Posted by MaxdOut
Is it waterproof?
Nope, not waterproof.

Originally Posted by Pulse_
it's an upgrade not a new speedo so don't worry too much

the main interesting thing about the gen2 is its BEC but you could have the same effect with an external one
Technically it is a new ESC as it is not compatible at all with the old one (like mixing the boards) and the firmware is not backwards compatible either, plus it has new features and feels entirely different to drive!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
It's much more than "just a white case." It is smoother, the brakes are fantastic with the adjustable "Active Braking" settings, the BEC is awesome, the HotWire port makes adjustments even easier and we just added a new look for 2013.

It's not just us, there are lots of ESC/Electronics in the offroad section. Technically it's an offroad system, so it can really go anywhere..

Nope, not waterproof.

Technically it is a new ESC as it is not compatible at all with the old one (like mixing the boards) and the firmware is not backwards compatible either, plus it has new features and feels entirely different to drive!
Ty, is Tekin planning on offering Gen 2 cases in black? I am loving the Tekin Gen 2 electronics so far!! The RS is so nice! Keep up the good work!!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Nope, not waterproof.

But doesn't it make more sense to have an electronic product in the electronics section? Your thread will get noticed no matter what, put it in the right section. Leave the electric offroad section for chassis' and mechanical parts pertaining to those chassis'.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When is the new rx8 going to be available?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

I hope it's not too different , what feels special with the gen2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.