Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Problem with my SANWA receiver >

Problem with my SANWA receiver

Problem with my SANWA receiver

Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Post Problem with my SANWA receiver

Hey guys,

I have a small problem with my Receiver. I have a new HPI WR8 Ken Block Edition it was running fine. But I decided to change the receiver to connect all my cars with 1 remote control. I have SANWA MT.4 I bought a new SANWA receiver for my new car and fixed it in the car.

Now I can control my car using my SANWA Remote control but the car itself has a problem with the ST "steering" balance. The problem happened after changing the receiver. Now the car steering wheel by default is turned to left, it's not in the middle, so I tried to fix the problem from the remote control settings. I just moved the Steering in the remote to the Max right to make the car move straight forward, but even though the car turn to the left when I just drive forward.

I think it has something to do with the binding or programming I dunno... Something like that.

Please post a reply if you have anything that could help.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Reset the servo horn on the steering servo. Take the horn off, put the radio trim back to center, turn the car and radio on. Then put the servo horn back on with the wheels as straight as possible. Just get the horn started on the servo, turn the car off to tighten the horn screw.

Use steering subtrim to better center steering, then set left & right endpoints. Then use steering trim as needed for final fine tuning.

Not an uncommon thing when changing radio systems.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave H
Reset the servo horn on the steering servo. Take the horn off, put the radio trim back to center, turn the car and radio on. Then put the servo horn back on with the wheels as straight as possible. Just get the horn started on the servo, turn the car off to tighten the horn screw.

Use steering subtrim to better center steering, then set left & right endpoints. Then use steering trim as needed for final fine tuning.

Not an uncommon thing when changing radio systems.
Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem it seems to be like the default position of the servo horn is turned to left. After doing your steps and centralizing the horn in the correct position when I turn the car on and turn the steering wheel left and right it goes back to its "wrong" position as the default one.

Last edited by Q8kwtQ8; 04-21-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Suspended

the mt4 has 3 servo modes.. start with Normal.. and do as Dave has said ..if that does not correct the issue move to ssr and do as Dave said.. if still issue then try the shr servo mode..also check what speed the radio is at For servo speed..Might have to turn that up..in the 11ms area or slower like 16ms..dont know ur options on that radio..

make sure you are Using the Sub trim in menu of radio to center front wheels..