Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Transmitter with adjustable wheel rotation? >

Transmitter with adjustable wheel rotation?

Transmitter with adjustable wheel rotation?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Transmitter with adjustable wheel rotation?

Are there any transmitters that allow you to adjust the amount you turn the wheel control to full left and right lockout? What is this feature called? For example, if on my traxxas transmitter I can turn the wheel 10 degrees from center each direction, what I want is a transmitter that I can turn 15 or 20 degrees each direction, allowing more feel and precision in steering (at the loss of faster transitions).
Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Suspended

That's not a option...so ur outa luck..
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Airtronics MT-4 and M12 have adjustable wheel travel.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:32 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So does the ko propo ex-10 eurus
Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I just read the MT-4 manual, its called STEERING WHEEL TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT

Last edited by GreenSCT; 04-15-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

look for a feature called exponential. you can adjust the wheel travel on the mt4 and m12 but it comes set at full travel if i recall so you'd just be limiting it. with an exponential curve applied to steering, you can turn the wheel 1/2 way and have the wheels on the car only turn 1/4th and the remaining 1/2 turn the wheels 3/4ths. this gives you more precision in one area of your steering throw. and you can adjust which part of your steering is more precise by changing the curve.

also there's dual rate which essentially limits your maximum steering but makes what steering you do have left more precise. similar to turning down your end points.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I just looked at the EX-10 and its the same, it only limits steering wheel travel. Yeah I knew about exponential and it will have to be good enough I guess.

I will also try reducing the endpoints a little.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

If you can, perhaps either at a local shop or track, see if you can try some different radios. One of them may well have the greater rotational travel you are looking for, with or without adjustability.

Another idea, perhaps different diameter wheels would give you the feel you are looking for. Either by changing the foam on the current wheel or with an aftermarket wheel. I have a different wheel on my radio for just this reason.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
If you can, perhaps either at a local shop or track, see if you can try some different radios. One of them may well have the greater rotational travel you are looking for, with or without adjustability.

Another idea, perhaps different diameter wheels would give you the feel you are looking for. Either by changing the foam on the current wheel or with an aftermarket wheel. I have a different wheel on my radio for just this reason.
Yeah thats a good point. The m12 came with a larger diameter wheel as an option.