Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking Spektrum DX4S

Any Pro's and Con's about the DX4s? I am thinking of going to this model.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Been using it for many months. Very satisfy with it.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Suspended

Exclamation I notice a packaging flaw

I bought 2 of these radios each that I opened the receiver was not in it's place, that make me think during delivery it was bouncing around. QA department sucks. well will see how it last.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just bound mine to a SR3300T. I'm not using any of the telemetry doodads on the Rx, but I'm getting random/relentless overtemp warnings. A quick jog through the manual and menu system reveals nothing about turning off telemetry monitoring.

Anyone know of a fix? I'm sure an Rx change would do the trick... just a bit of a hassle.

TIA
Jason

Last edited by UberFalcon; 04-14-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Subby
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Suspended

Default SR3300T RX

That is one shitty RX, that RX is why I stayed away from Spectrum brand for a while I thought it was great I can see my temps and battery voltage, then I notice certain part of the track I was glitching so I bought a novak glitch buster, no luck still it was glitching I also got temp alarms for no reason. what I did for the best result, I sold the damn thing and got something else. then year half later the DX4s came out I waited till price came down, Amain had it for 199.99 still do so I bought two. finally they did something right.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Maybe due to the newness of the DX4S, there is little web info/help with my issue. So one evening, I decided to pull all my DSM2 Rx's and install DSMR's. The Rx's are installed. Cars are sitting on the bench. And, it's a crappy rainy weekend here in the Pacific Northwest.

Funny thing about my 3300T, I used it without telemetry on my DX3S for years, and never got overtemp alerts. So I wonder why the DX4S is receiving telemetry data when there are no sensors plugged in.

No biggie tho. I'm way past needing telemetry now. It was nice to have back in the day while learning the effects of gearing changes and general car setup.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Hi, just wanted to see how your radio is doing after having it for a couple months now. I've been looking into this radio or the new Futaba 4PLS which isn't out yet. Still holding up well for you?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm looking for feedback as well, I haven't seen much when searching online. I guess that's probably a good thing since Spektrum usually gets bad reports on signal quality with the DSM and DSM2 protocols, which I haven't seen pop up now that they've implemented a frequency hopping system in DSMX and DSMR. All the adjustment capabilities look good on paper and I find the transmitter more pleasing to look at than even the 4pks at twice the price.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I also encounter some QC issues with Spektrum Tx. have just bought a Spektrum DX3C transmitter. I realised some QC issues with it. Although I have bought it 'brand new' at the hobby shop, there was already some scratch marks on the battery cover. Moreover there was also an overspray of silver colour when you slide open the battery cover. The sticker on the transmitter also poorly stick. I brought it back to my lhs to give a feedback but was told that it could be due to product shifting during shipment. I have bought other brands such as Futaba but never got such issues. This is the first and very likely my last purchase of Spektrum products. Although the issues are limited to aesthetic imperfection, it says a lot about Spektrum !
Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UberFalcon
Just bound mine to a SR3300T. I'm not using any of the telemetry doodads on the Rx, but I'm getting random/relentless overtemp warnings. A quick jog through the manual and menu system reveals nothing about turning off telemetry monitoring.

Anyone know of a fix? I'm sure an Rx change would do the trick... just a bit of a hassle.

TIA
Jason
Did u try going into the telemetry settings and bumping up the temps. My buddy wasn't using a telemetry rx and his was still reading temps. I haven't used my dx4s yet so I can't tell u for sure if that's what's happening.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Life batt.

Has anyone put a Life pack in there DX4s, if so which one? Thanks.
I use mine on a losi 5T so far so good.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

On another thread it states the temp warning is due to a software glitch. I don't know it that is true but you may want to check it out.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, may somebody tell me the diameter of the steering wheel?
I want to get one for my daugther, but the wheel should be as small as the one from my MT-4.

Thanks in advance