Servos "Twitching"

Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Servos "Twitching"

The servos on my truggy randomly twitch. For example, when I'm going throttle-brake throttle-brake the steering will twitch sometimes. Or when I'm steering back and forth it will go wide open for a second. (Tested while not running for safety ) Running Protek receiver pack with losi regulator switch, and spektrum 3100 receiver. Any ideas or remedies?

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

That could be caused by a battery issues or interface.. Spectrum setups are famous for glitching issues you should try a capacitor buster..
Old 03-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
That could be caused by a battery issues or interface.. Spectrum setups are famous for glitching issues you should try a capacitor buster..
Ill take one out of a 1/10 and try it. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Marks View Post
The servos on my truggy randomly twitch. For example, when I'm going throttle-brake throttle-brake the steering will twitch sometimes. Or when I'm steering back and forth it will go wide open for a second. (Tested while not running for safety ) Running Protek receiver pack with losi regulator switch, and spektrum 3100 receiver. Any ideas or remedies?

Thanks.
I doubt it's the servos. The odds of both of them having the same problem are slim. I assume your battery is charged. Try swapping out the receiver for another to see if that cures it. If it doesn't, try swapping out the switch.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
I doubt it's the servos. The odds of both of them having the same problem are slim. I assume your battery is charged. Try swapping out the receiver for another to see if that cures it. If it doesn't, try swapping out the switch.
I had a steering servo cause that same issues last year wen I gave it full throttle the truggy would turn left?? On the starter box the throttle and steering would glitch. I sent it to savox and they said the steering servo had a bad processor or something. Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks.
What servos? If they are capable of taking a full 7.4 i would ditch the regulator switch. It may be your problem.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RCNUTZ79 View Post
What servos? If they are capable of taking a full 7.4 i would ditch the regulator switch. It may be your problem.
And yes i have had a lot of glitch issues with Spektrum stuff but generally with electric cars, i had a lot of problems when using the sr300 receivers normally much better with a 3100
Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default and

One other issue with digital servos is thhey are constantly trying to center themselves. sometimes when the gears get worn they will bounce back and forth trying to center. what brand of servos. At least check the gear slop. a new set of gears may help.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

They are savox 1268 and 1257, brand new. Haven't tried the glitch buster yet.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

They are savox 1268 and 1257, brand new. Haven't tried the glitch buster yet.
Great choice of servos, bypass the switch and try it. Bet that fixes your problem. You wont hurt those servos with a full 7.4. I run a 1267 and 1268 with a Protek 2300 mah flat pack. No regulator needed. You dont want to haul that cap. around on your truck unless you have too.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Great choice of servos, bypass the switch and try it. Bet that fixes your problem. You wont hurt those servos with a full 7.4. I run a 1267 and 1268 with a Protek 2300 mah flat pack. No regulator needed. You dont want to haul that cap. around on your truck unless you have too.
I'll give it a whirl. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll give it a whirl. Thank you!
Your welcome, i hope it cures the problem. The first few times i went through that crap it just about drove me crazy. On a side note, i dont run any type of cutoff, i always charge my battery before i go to the track and on long days i might hook it up for a few minutes between heats, i have never had an issue of running one to low. May not be the best way but it works for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Your welcome, i hope it cures the problem. The first few times i went through that crap it just about drove me crazy. On a side note, i dont run any type of cutoff, i always charge my battery before i go to the track and on long days i might hook it up for a few minutes between heats, i have never had an issue of running one to low. May not be the best way but it works for me.
I always charge my packs after qualifiers and before mains to be safe.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A 1257 is not high voltage. I've heard people running them direct to a lipo, but, I wouldn't. I have a fluorescent desk light by my work area that when on, sometimes makes my servos twitch. I have spektrum receivers also. Just a thought.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The problem is that you are running the Losi Regulator. It is only a 5A output.

Both the 1268 and 1257 together will exceed the 5A current on the Losi Regulator.

You either need to run a 10A regulator (Orion makes one, but it's cumbersome), or bypass the regulator and not run one. Use either a LiFe Rx pack or NiMH Rx pack.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service