Wiki Posts
Search

iCharger 106b+ Button issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default iCharger 106b+ Button issues

I am on my second iCharger. A some point the "Start" button always gets suborn. It took me 5+ minutes of massaging it and giving it love last weekend to work. It feels like it is clicking. But just not registering? Time for the garbage or is it fixable?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

I've had this happen with the iCharger. I took it apart and cleaned the button contacts. It's been perfect for a long time now.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

ok, I was kinda planning to do the same thing. I swear the issues happened after i upgraded to the latest firmware. But I will clean it up tonight and monitor it, because I really like the charger aside from the buttons.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to change topic a bit but... How often are people updating the firmware?? I have had mine for almost a year with no problems and haven't even thought about updating it. Is it recommended to do it often??
Thanks
Mark
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Prophet

the latest firmware is like 2 years old. But mine was not the latest, so I updated it. I tried to open it up and blow it out, but honestly, it was pretty clean in there. I was kinda surprised how clean it was actually. looked new inside.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

I don't remember what mine looked like in there. I also don't remember how the button contacts worked. I just remember having the problem and cleaning it and then no more problems. This is going back a few years. You should look for any debris, film, or corrossion at the button contacts. Even if you don't see anything, clean it anyways.

I've had to do the same thing with TV remotes.