Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd BL ESC glitch, need troubleshooting tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Odd BL ESC glitch, need troubleshooting tips

I have an LRP ESC running off spektrum S3000 and DX3R and Orion motor. Here's my problem. I just got a new kit and decided to start racing again after a couple year break. Built the car, put electronics in, everything seems fine. Did some quick testing in street and after a fast run and about 1 minute into battery, brake, stop, NO POWER. Half a second later, everything works again. Never lost steering.
The longest I lost throttle was for about 4 seconds. I'm stumped as to how to start troubleshooting it. Can someone give me a place to start?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are your lipos old and are you on throttle/accelerating when it cuts out? If so, you could be hitting the ESC's lipo cut when under a load. Also, perform the standard first step for throttle issues - replace the sensor cable.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Loose/faulty sensor wire?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Get a DSM2 spektrum rx(sr3100) to use with your Dx3r... I have a brand new one for sale if interested(it's in the for sale section)... Ever since i switched to dsm2 rx's i will never go back... i was having the same issues as u, haven't had an issue from then on
Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkA
Are your lipos old and are you on throttle/accelerating when it cuts out? If so, you could be hitting the ESC's lipo cut when under a load. Also, perform the standard first step for throttle issues - replace the sensor cable.
New Lipo. after long full throttle run, stop, turn around, dead. 2 seconds later, ok. flat ground. Sensor wire is not very old? I think I have an sr3100 not an s3000. its a tiny little rx with a short antenna. I just re-BINDed the car and reset the ESC. turned the drag brake down, I was running the ESC in a 4wd. I'm going to do the internal temp readout at the track tonight. It wasn't even warm though. I'm running 18/87 gears in an SC10, Orion 10.5, I don't think there is any way it could be thermal-ing. My guess is the cap was draining from the drag brake? idk!!!