Wiki Posts
Search

Novak blue green flashing light on arrival

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Novak blue green flashing light on arrival

I purchaed a novak gtb2 and a 4.5t motor last monday 11/12/2012 and recived it on 11/16/2012 and finaly installed it on 11/18/2012 . Problem is i got a blue green flshing ligh right of the back after putting in my b44. The colors means the motor is locked but there is nothing holding it back. The car moves on its own when i push it so i know the motor is not locked. I checked the sensor wire and changed it and still did the same thing. I did the motor hall test and the colors came back fine. Also after i pull the throttle a few times then it will go just fine but as soon as i stop it will not go on its own. Then the blue green starts to flash. So is there a way to fix this..? Or do i have to contact novak?? Did i get a defective motor or esc or is it both that are defective.??????

Please help all help is really appricated. There will be a race in a few weeks and i would love to go.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

I'd check the solder joints. There could be a bridge between two of the phases. When ever I have motor problems it is either a bad solder joint or a loose wire.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's Novak's infamous rotor is locked error, the sensor board in your motor is bad. Contact Novak and they'll send you a new one.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanx guys lol...=) i tryed my 21.5t motor and I still had the same issue as well so this means I have a bad ESC. I used 2 differnt sensor wires and motors and same problem. lol... So has any one had this error with the ESC GTB2 as well....?????