Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor/ ESC Problem, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Motor/ ESC Problem, HELP!!!

Ok, I have a Tekin BL 7.5 Motor, Castle Creations ESC, and a Spektrum receiver. All of a sudden my truck has been having a problem of the motor not running. You can plug up any battery, turn it on, and you hit the throttle and the motor will sit and try to spin, but it goes back and forth. You can hear the fan on the ESC working and you can see the lights on the ESC working. However, the receiver light does not come on at all now and the steering nor throttle works now. The motor got insanely hot once and popped off the leads to the motor. I pulled the casing for the motor apart, and everything looks to be in good condition. But, now, nothing works, no steering, no throttle. I race this coming weekend, so I need to have it fixed by then. HELP!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bad sensor cable? Re-bind radio to regain steering. Cogging motor is usually a bad sensor cable between the ESC and motor and can cook your motor if used too much in that condition.