Wiki Posts
Search

hyperion 720i net3 charger????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Cool hyperion 720i net3 charger????

i am new to lipo batteries and the chargers that charge them. i am wondering if i did the right thing by ordering a hyperion 720i net3 ac/dc charger on a friends advice??? i am going to be running an associated rc8.2e buggy with 5000mah 4c 14.8 volt batteries. also how should i charge them???? 2 of my batteries are 20c rated and one is 35c rated. any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well for starters. Hyperion chargers are considered the best . they give a good proper charge will taking real good care of the cells while doing so. many racers can tell a big diffrence after using the same battery they use all the time when they use a hyperion they say the run time in longer while having more power. Using 5000 mah 14.8v batteries also requires more WATTS than a typical $50 dollar charger can dream of. thats why to 720 is great fro the 4s packs. If i have plenty of time betwen rounds i charge my 5000mah at 5 amps. You should see if you battery can charge at more than 1c rating. if its 2c that means you can charge at 10amps.. hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

thanks it all helps me understand lipos a little bit more
Old 09-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

The 20C and 35C ratings are discharge ratings. The 20C pack might be a little weak for an 1/8 scale, make sure the pack doesn’t get warm while running. an indication the lipo is being overstressed. At the least results in poor pack life, but the real concern is a thermal runaway and nasty fire and toxic/corrosive smoke, not good.

As mentioned look for charge ratings for the packs too. 1C / 5 amps charging if you can’t find higher ratings is the safe way to start (doubt if the 20C is any higher than 1C charge rated). Use the balancer it’s faster and safer.

I have the earlier version Duo3, it's great, charges fast and has advanced features that I really appreciate. Solid choice in my opinion, especially for electric 1/8 racing as erevo mentioned.

A 1900 motor is a good choice, plenty of power, even 1700 is enough for most all. Good move not going with more motor in my opinion. Good luck!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

thank you gave up nitro truggy to take on electric buggy. hope it is alot more fun than having nirto motors that keep screwing up!!!!