Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Racer`s Edge SC1500 not charging any of my Lipos? >

Racer`s Edge SC1500 not charging any of my Lipos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racer`s Edge SC1500 not charging any of my Lipos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Unhappy Racer`s Edge SC1500 not charging any of my Lipos?

I am a little new to alot of this still guys, so sorry if this is a stupid question. I have a Racer`s Edge SC1500 charger that I bought used from someone here on the forum, and two Turnigy 2 cell lipos that I am trying to charge with it. The charger appears to be working. There are two red LEDs up on the top row that are lit, the 5A and the Lipo select LED. The "fast charge" led on the bottom row is lit. I plug in the charger, press and hold the start button for two seconds until I hear the audible tone, and then plug in both the heavy power cable and the 3 wire plug on the battery. I measured the output voltage on the leads out of the charger while the battery is connected and it is at 2.4 volts. When I disconnect the battery, it flatlines to 0V, so there is no output voltage from the charger. What am I doing wrong? Are my batteries toasted? They ran great in my brushless setup, but am just not having trouble with the charging.
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Try connecting the battery before starting the charge?

What is the voltage of your battery? You may have ran it too low. Should be at least 6 volts for a 2 cell, 3 volts per cell minimum. Really should be higher even at rest for good life. Don't run a lipo dead, or it really will die. If it's lower than 3 volts per cell the charger probably won't charge it.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Try connecting the battery before starting the charge?

What is the voltage of your battery? You may have ran it too low. Should be at least 6 volts for a 2 cell, 3 volts per cell minimum. Really should be higher even at rest for good life. Don't run a lipo dead, or it really will die. If it's lower than 3 volts per cell the charger probably won't charge it.
Thanks. It looks like my batteries are dead then. One of them is reading 3 volts using my voltmeter, and the other other one is reading .9. I thought my speed control had a cut-off, but I guess not.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Bummer. The cut off might need to be turned on.