Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Mamba Max Pro problem >

Mamba Max Pro problem

Mamba Max Pro problem

Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Angry Mamba Max Pro problem

I need help. I am running a MMP with a Novak Ballistic 4.5. The problem is when i first go to run the first few times i get on the throttle it cuts off. I still have sterring then I here the arming tones and i can drive it. If i go full throttle again it will cut off. It almost seems i need to warm it up before i can run it hard. After 30 sec of easy driving i can run the dog do do out of it. It happens on any lipo pack i use on it. I have a spc 5000mah 25c a spc 5400 50c i also run 2 gens ace 3500 25c in series to give me 7000mah 25c pack. It does this on any of the batters when its just started to be ran for the day.

I also have removed the switch and just soldered the leads together, since i thought this could of been my problem.

Gearing is 14/54. Could i just be pulling to many amps and the esc shuts off? I am at a loss on what to do other then send it to castle.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:53 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have you tried a glitch capacitor? I've read that the MMP has a rather weak internal BEC, so hopefully you're not having issues with this. I'd get a glitch capacitor ($7 upstairs) and give it a try first. I have one over in my pit area in the top of my tan tool box if you want to try before you buy But, especially off-road, I run glitch capacitors if I need 'em or not. Cheap insurance.

I'll be there Friday and can help look it over if you're there.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will have to try that. I have a few laying around. I cant make it Friday but I have a few. Just can't wait till the winter schedule starts since I am off every sunday.