Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Servo issue - need help >

Servo issue - need help

Servo issue - need help

Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Servo issue - need help

I still have the stock servo in my HPI Sprint 2 Flux that I using as a drifter. I had it out last night and about 5 minutes in to the first run, the steering dropped way off. A closer look showed that the wheels are now only turning half the angle they used to. Example - if full turn right and left is 30 degrees from center, now they are only turning 15 degrees in each direction. Those numbers are only shown for example as i have not measured the actual angles. With the servo off, the wheels can still be manually turned the full range so there isn't anything blocking the path.

Does it sound like the servo is going out or could it be something i am overlooking?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sounds like End Point Adj. or Dual Rate has been trimmed back. Probably dual rate if it is a RTR radio.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

could be the servo horn slipped on the output shaft of the servo. i would check that 1st. take it off and recenter the servo and place the horn back on and see if it is still acting up. sometimes the teeth on the horns can get stripped from a hard hit.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

I'm also guessing dual rate. Do you have the 2.4GHz radio that it comes with? If I remember right there is a knob above the steering wheel labeled D/R. Try cranking that up, it might have been bumped by accident. Just don't overdo it, leave a little play at full turn, or it's hard on the servo.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i misread the og post. i thought he said it was turning at different angles from left to right. my mistake.

if it is turning = amounts both ways but is less then what it was it most likely is the duel rate.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks guys, i will check to see if it is the dual rate when i get home and will update this thread once done, i really appreciate the help