Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Need help picking a radio >

Need help picking a radio

Need help picking a radio

Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Need help picking a radio

I have Futaba 4PL, savox servo's, tekin RS in both my cars. Over time I seem to develop a glitch. I also run a cap. It seems a month or two everything is fine. Then I get this glich and it wont go away until I replace a reciever. I have replaced 3 Futaba recievers now and just have another one acting up. Is there something wrong with my combo of electronics to cause this glitch? Is there a better permanent solution? Should I get a new radio or new servo's or both?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:25 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have that same combo in my F104 car. I love my 4PL and have had zero issues with it. I haven't noticed any glitching in any of my cars/truck so far (since adding caps to my SCTs). I am using both Novaks and Tekins, Saxon, Hitec, JR and Futaba servos.

Just this week when testing the F104 car (Tekin RS/Saxon), I noticed a couple of times what seemed to be a glitch. I even made comments to a couple of buddys. Its hard to say really since I was playing with tires and diff settings, but it sure seemed like a small glitch. I haven't put a cap in this car yet since I need to buy a splitter (the receiver is full with a LED light harness and transponder).

I'll be testing the car again this Tuesday with a cap and if I again notice anything, I'll report back.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I have that same combo in my F104 car. I love my 4PL and have had zero issues with it. I haven't noticed any glitching in any of my cars/truck so far (since adding caps to my SCTs). I am using both Novaks and Tekins, Saxon, Hitec, JR and Futaba servos.

Just this week when testing the F104 car (Tekin RS/Saxon), I noticed a couple of times what seemed to be a glitch. I even made comments to a couple of buddys. Its hard to say really since I was playing with tires and diff settings, but it sure seemed like a small glitch. I haven't put a cap in this car yet since I need to buy a splitter (the receiver is full with a LED light harness and transponder).

I'll be testing the car again this Tuesday with a cap and if I again notice anything, I'll report back.
Which RX are you using? I have noticed this to be a problem with the 4PL rx. If I use the 3 channel rx I think its a 603 something I have not had any trouble with that one. In fact my buggy has had that 3 channel rx from the start and not a single issue. Maybe I will just start buying those.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would also look at trying a Futaba servo, I don't think they demand as much of a BEC as Savox ones do. Additionally, you might try taking the receivers apart & cleaning them out. It's ALWAYS a good idea to clean them inside & out(even more important if you're running offroad, dirt & dust WILL get in there, & that can contribute to glitching)....
Old 07-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try a RadioPost servo, my SCTE was glitching...swapped out the Savox servo for a multi-type(green) servo.. Works like a champ!