Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Probably outsourced to Hobby wing like most others!

EA
No Hobbywing, still pure LRP stuff.
Had the luck to run a few heats with one of the prototypes which are now used at the worlds and it felt really good, much better than the V2. Power is very good and also control in slippery conditions/small tracks improved a lot.

The new software has some nice features/new options like current limiter, torque/boost timing, boost ramps and so on.

The production speedos will have U-shaped solder tabs, i think time was a little short to finish the final parts for the worlds....

The size is nearly the same of the V2 speedos, so still one of the smallest speedos.
regars from Germany
Marcel
Attached Thumbnails New LRP Flow Esc-awesomatix_flow.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any news on release date?

I want one
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

arrrgg... still a big round cap... can they at least package it rectangular so i can put double sided tape on.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, a release date would be awesome! I will be buying several of these as soon as they are available.

Which means I will have about 7 or 8 SXX V2s for sale very soon. PM me if you are interested in either the SXXV2 or the SXX V2 TC Spec, I have a few of each.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcel
No Hobbywing, still pure LRP stuff.
Had the luck to run a few heats with one of the prototypes which are now used at the worlds and it felt really good, much better than the V2. Power is very good and also control in slippery conditions/small tracks improved a lot.

The new software has some nice features/new options like current limiter, torque/boost timing, boost ramps and so on.

The production speedos will have U-shaped solder tabs, i think time was a little short to finish the final parts for the worlds....

The size is nearly the same of the V2 speedos, so still one of the smallest speedos.
regars from Germany
Marcel
Aren't those functions the same as the old ones?haha
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hmmm...I think my SXX V2 TC just crapped out on me and I'm undecided what to get next. It would be nice to hear something from LRP on this.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just wait a few days till Reto is back from the worlds, i think he'll have all the info you need.
So far it seems that the new speedo performs well -> free practise laptimes of Ronald look very competitiv... :-)
regars
Marcel
Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

Lrp say's the new Flow BEC is "bullet proof" ...

Does this mean it can handle reverse polarity if the Flow gets plugged in backwards , or a bad servo ,ect ?

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle3333
Yes, a release date would be awesome! I will be buying several of these as soon as they are available.

Which means I will have about 7 or 8 SXX V2s for sale very soon. PM me if you are interested in either the SXXV2 or the SXX V2 TC Spec, I have a few of each.
I can have Chris order 9 or 10 of them so when you fry a few we will have a few extra in stock.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
I can have Chris order 9 or 10 of them so when you fry a few we will have a few extra in stock.
Hahahaha!! Who knows what the new ones will be like from a reliability stand-point. But, my experience has been great with LRP stuff.

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this. But, I have been using LRP escs for almost 4 years straight and only had two major failures. One was my fault, I was running non-stop (pack after pack) in 100+ degree weather and that was on purpose to see what it could take (yes, that was an expensive way to see how much an esc can take, I know this). The other failure was a bad BEC, which they took care for free well after the warranty expired.

Given that I race mod buggy, mod 4wd buggy, mod SC, mod 4wd SC, and mod TC, I have no reason to think that LRP is unreliable or any more unreliable than another manufacturers. LRP has only been the cause one DNF over 4 years of a ton of racing. I would say that is pretty good.

I guess my point is that I don't really understand why LRP has the reputation they do for reliability. That, or I have been really lucky and/or pay attention to what I am doing with my equipment. Ha!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Hahahaha!! Who knows what the new ones will be like from a reliability stand-point. But, my experience has been great with LRP stuff.

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this. But, I have been using LRP escs for almost 4 years straight and only had two major failures. One was my fault, I was running non-stop (pack after pack) in 100+ degree weather and that was on purpose to see what it could take (yes, that was an expensive way to see how much an esc can take, I know this). The other failure was a bad BEC, which they took care for free well after the warranty expired.

Given that I race mod buggy, mod 4wd buggy, mod SC, mod 4wd SC, and mod TC, I have no reason to think that LRP is unreliable or any more unreliable than another manufacturers. LRP has only been the cause one DNF over 4 years of a ton of racing. I would say that is pretty good.

I guess my point is that I don't really understand why LRP has the reputation they do for reliability. That, or I have been really lucky and/or pay attention to what I am doing with my equipment. Ha!
I had a brand new out of the box that didn't even light up because of a bad BEC right from the factory. Is there no quality control over there? The BEC's seem to be the problem. Hope they have that issue fixed with the Flow!!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Now that I have posted about this, I can just see myself burning one up tonight. Ha!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I got to run the new Flow at the worlds in 12th scale and I was really happy with the feel and power. According to Reto it will come with stock and mod software already installed, you will also be able to update the speedo to run mod or stock only software and have finer steps for adjustment. He said it should be released in august some time.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chicky03
I got to run the new Flow at the worlds in 12th scale and I was really happy with the feel and power. According to Reto it will come with stock and mod software already installed, you will also be able to update the speedo to run mod or stock only software and have finer steps for adjustment. He said it should be released in august some time.
Great to know, thanks for the update!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
Update the speedo....? Will there be updates, or will they just bring out another speedie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.