Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've looked through pretty much the entire thread & still haven't really found a definitive answer..

I know the Flow has significant improvements for MOD racing, but what about "blinky?" Have any of you run side by side with either of the SXX 2's with or without the updated board?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I never ran the SXX, but I can tell you the Flow is a HUGE improvement over the Tekin RS! After I bought one to replace my RS in blinky 17.5, my lap times were nearly 1 second faster per lap (same track/setup every weekend). I went from barely making the top 10, to being a serious contender in blinky.

Shortly after, I picked up another Flow to replace the RS in my VTA/Scale Spec car, and once again saw improvements (nearly .5 seconds per lap).
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcrcracer
I never ran the SXX, but I can tell you the Flow is a HUGE improvement over the Tekin RS! After I bought one to replace my RS in blinky 17.5, my lap times were nearly 1 second faster per lap (same track/setup every weekend). I went from barely making the top 10, to being a serious contender in blinky.

Shortly after, I picked up another Flow to replace the RS in my VTA/Scale Spec car, and once again saw improvements (nearly .5 seconds per lap).
No shiznit?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
What am I to expect in terms of performance and driveability switching to a flow works over a reventon pro??... Any issues?
Anybody?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Well I cant wait now..... I just droped a new Flow into my 17.5 TC replacing my Tekin RS. I will be running it tomorrow night at my local trak HOTSHOTS RC.

I just set it to blinky for now i didnt change anything else for now what settings have you tried? I have not updated it to V.5 yet, I guess ill do that later when I can get the link thingy.....
Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

I can tell you now that if it's any better than the V2's you'll see a big difference over the Tekin in blinky. Not saying that you'll see a full second over an RS especially since 223 came out for the Tekin's.

Tekin has always been better in MOD, but it was/is more of a light switch in blinky compared to an LRP.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What speedo temps are you guys seeing running mod 1/12 with 3.5 reedy and Kevin H settings?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WNRacing
I've looked through pretty much the entire thread & still haven't really found a definitive answer..

I know the Flow has significant improvements for MOD racing, but what about "blinky?" Have any of you run side by side with either of the SXX 2's with or without the updated board?

Thanks!
I have all three. For blinky, the only advantage of the Flow is finer adjustment of the drag brake (LRP Term: initial brake). Other than that I felt no big difference in 17.5 or 13.5 blinky, also proven by identical lap times. It's smoother feeling might actually be a handicap in blinky since it makes the motor feel a little flat off the line.

BUT, If you have any inclination if running mod in the future, it most definitely is a much better Speedo than the old SXX V2. Thats where I really felt the huge improvments of the Flow. I went .2~.3 sec faster per lap in mod class. It's still not as smooth as the Orion R10 but I think LRP brakes are stronger and have better feel making the Flow an all around better choice for covering all the bases from blinky to mod.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I have all three. For blinky, the only advantage of the Flow is finer adjustment of the drag brake (LRP Term: initial brake). Other than that I felt no big difference in 17.5 or 13.5 blinky, also proven by identical lap times. It's smoother feeling might actually be a handicap in blinky since it makes the motor feel a little flat off the line.

BUT, If you have any inclination if running mod in the future, it most definitely is a much better Speedo than the old SXX V2. Thats where I really felt the huge improvments of the Flow. I went .2~.3 sec faster per lap in mod class. It's still not as smooth as the Orion R10 but I think LRP brakes are stronger and have better feel making the Flow an all around better choice for covering all the bases from blinky to mod.
Thanks for the info. That's what I was thinking. I've got both of the SXX 2's, one with the updated board and they're both great in 17.5/13.5 blinky.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Also could people shed some light on this torque timing thing which is only available with an lrp motor. Is it worth purchasing an lrp motor to take advantage of this feature?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
Also could people shed some light on this torque timing thing which is only available with an lrp motor. Is it worth purchasing an lrp motor to take advantage of this feature?
I'd take a guess that what it does is retard the timing at low RPM, to get around the limitiation of the X12 not allowing the endbell timing to go lower than 27.5deg.

So probably not worth it as such, although the X12 is a fantastic motor in boosted classes, so still a good purchase.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

running setting 2 on drag brake on the SXX V2 what is that same setting convert to on the FLOW?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe I was able to gain a second per lap due to the fine adjustments of the automatic brakes. With my Tekin, I had tried a few different settings, but could never get the car to slow down smoothly without using brakes.

With the flow, I have the i break set at 5, as I race on a big track with tight corners.

Last edited by mcrcracer; 02-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Maybe I was able to gain a second per lap due to the fine adjustments of the initial break. With my Tekin, I had tried a few different settings, but could never get the car to slow down comfortably without applying breaks or letting off far before the corner.

With the flow, I have the initial break set at 5, as I race on a big track with tight corners.
what is the difference between drag brake and initial brake?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Directly from the manual-

Also called minimum drive, this is the level in % where the speed-controls initial throttle power will start in relation to your radios trigger position. A higher value means more aggressive initial response

Last edited by mcrcracer; 02-14-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.