Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Hobbywing Software Question? >

Hobbywing Software Question?

Hobbywing Software Question?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hobbywing Software Question?

Just been looking around on the internet for a cheap lil laptop to take to racing to hook up to the Club WiFi for the race results as well as store any photos and hook up my speedy to change any of the settings within it. While searching I came across these pretty cheap laptops on Ebay that use an Android 2.2 software to run.

While hooking up WiFi and browsing pictures is pretty easy I'm just curious as to whether the Android software would actually run the Hobbywing Setup program, or whether that program is just a Windows only thing.

This is the sort of Laptop I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPwL6Ecm6s

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Unless they make a software specifically for Android, there's no way it will run.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You might be better off emailing a hobbywing tech to get a definate answer.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuttsnBolts View Post
Just been looking around on the internet for a cheap lil laptop to take to racing to hook up to the Club WiFi for the race results as well as store any photos and hook up my speedy to change any of the settings within it. While searching I came across these pretty cheap laptops on Ebay that use an Android 2.2 software to run.

While hooking up WiFi and browsing pictures is pretty easy I'm just curious as to whether the Android software would actually run the Hobbywing Setup program, or whether that program is just a Windows only thing.

This is the sort of Laptop I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPwL6Ecm6s

Thanks.
I will check into this for you. I have never tried to use the software on anything other than windows. I will check with them and find out for you asap
Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks mate. I just figure that if it does work it would be a really cheap but worthwhile investment.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Nutter

Also check out the local pawn shops, I picked up a nifty little ASUS Netbook for $180AU, at the time ones with similar specs were still going for $300AU+ new. It's running Win XP and works great with the Hobbywing & Tekin software (even though I don't use tekin anymore), it also has wifi as you have seen.

Or you can get a Speed Passion Reventon esc with the android module which allows you to program the esc with your android phone via blue tooth.

Cheers
Rob.