Futaba 4pl

Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey there

Not trying to get off the topic but I wanted to know would the futaba 4pl be a good entry level transmitter for racing I plan on getting is with my new team associated B4.1 world kit. I will be racing at West Coast Raceway and Hobby.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've only used the R204GF and have had no issues with range at our local track. When I've done testing out in the street, I've had the truck up to 2 blocks away without issue. I believe your list of receivers are all compatible.

I'd consider the 4PL to be more than an entry level radio, but yes, its a good system and worth the investment.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

The 4PL is way above entry level. If the price were $299.95 people wouldn't even ask the question about "entry level". It's a fabulous radio w/out being waay over done like the 4PKS. The price point is the best ever for a radio of this quality and many receivers under $50 and lots under $40.
Try that with a Spectrum plus get the range the 4PL gives.