Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

This a good racer radio? New to the hobby or do I pay for the mts?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splitoris
This a good racer radio? New to the hobby or do I pay for the mts?
It's not a bad radio to start with. If you're not using a servo with less than .05sec transit speed then you'll get no further benefit from the faster Mt-4s or mt-44. You do get the benefit of physical adjustability as well as telemetry with the higher end radios. So if comfort is important then it might be worthwhile to step up to the mt-4s.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EbbTide
It's not a bad radio to start with. If you're not using a servo with less than .05sec transit speed then you'll get no further benefit from the faster Mt-4s or mt-44. You do get the benefit of physical adjustability as well as telemetry with the higher end radios. So if comfort is important then it might be worthwhile to step up to the mt-4s.
Was going to get $100 savox or protek servos. I'm new so I dont know what features I want, but I'm competitive in everything I do. So mt4s over the mts then.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by splitoris
Was going to get $100 savox or protek servos. I'm new so I dont know what features I want, but I'm competitive in everything I do. So mt4s over the mts then.
Yeah if you're going to be getting into it seriously it might be better to buy right the first time. I generally see the MX-v as a really good starter system or strictly for basher. But if you really want to get competitive then the mt-4s or better yet, the mt-44 would be my choice. The good thing is it'll only hurt once when you punch in your credit info to buy either one lol
Old 02-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can anyone recommend a larger replacement/aftermarket wheel for this radio? I've searched various manufacturers, and this thread, but it's not easy to find direct fits. Anyone know of a bigger foam that fits on the existing wheel? How about a wheel that fits another Airtronics/Sanwa model (MT-4 or other)?

Last edited by mick33b4; 02-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Question regarding this radio:

Sorry for such a noob question, but this is my first radio above an RTR unit.

I purchased one of these used. When I turn the radio on, the steering will throw all the way to the left and turning the wheel has no effect. Will rebinding the RX/TX reset all of the settings? Looked through the manual and there is no factory reset mentioned. What setting needs to be changed to get normal steering back?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slash65
Question regarding this radio:

Sorry for such a noob question, but this is my first radio above an RTR unit.

I purchased one of these used. When I turn the radio on, the steering will throw all the way to the left and turning the wheel has no effect. Will rebinding the RX/TX reset all of the settings? Looked through the manual and there is no factory reset mentioned. What setting needs to be changed to get normal steering back?

Thanks in advance!
I'd first check that the steering trim is centered. Then check the steering dual rates as well. Then check that the endpoints aren't set very low. And if you haven't already, turn the unit on without the servo horn attached so the servo centers itself, then attach your servo horn.
Slash65 likes this.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I'd first check that the steering trim is centered. Then check the steering dual rates as well. Then check that the endpoints aren't set very low. And if you haven't already, turn the unit on without the servo horn attached so the servo centers itself, then attach your servo horn.
Thanks for the assist
Old 02-23-2017, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have this radio on my T5M and it is pretty nice, I really enjoy it. I do wish I had bought the MT4S right off the bat though. The range is great, it feels nice. I would say for a starter radio its a top pick.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mick33b4
Can anyone recommend a larger replacement/aftermarket wheel for this radio? I've searched various manufacturers, and this thread, but it's not easy to find direct fits. Anyone know of a bigger foam that fits on the existing wheel? How about a wheel that fits another Airtronics/Sanwa model (MT-4 or other)?
I put a Red Black EVO IX on my sons radion you can find them at hobby town or in the bay.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone have problems with batteries on these things? Both of mine have started being wonky with the batteries. I'm using mostly 4xAA NiMH batteries. It can be at 5+V one second, and drop below 4V the next, sometimes after just an hour or two of use after charging, sometimes longer. Back when I first got these I could go through probably 10+ hours of drive without charging, minimum. In fact I don't even recall ever recharging/changing the batteries during the first winter when I got the first MX-V, and I drove somewhere to the tune of 20 hours probably (so not much driving in itself, but certainly more transmitter battery life then than now).

It shouldn't be the batteries either, they seem fine in other devices. And sometimes when I take them out, leave it for a while and put them back in, they can be good to go for a while longer. Though how much longer varies greatly.

I have considered swapping to a LiPo pack for the transmitter, but though I have some smaller 2S airsoft batteries and such, I'm not sure I have anything that'd fit directly without modding the battery holder area. Haven't gotten around to buying a new battery just for this.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tvih
Anyone have problems with batteries on these things? Both of mine have started being wonky with the batteries. I'm using mostly 4xAA NiMH batteries. It can be at 5+V one second, and drop below 4V the next, sometimes after just an hour or two of use after charging, sometimes longer. Back when I first got these I could go through probably 10+ hours of drive without charging, minimum. In fact I don't even recall ever recharging/changing the batteries during the first winter when I got the first MX-V, and I drove somewhere to the tune of 20 hours probably (so not much driving in itself, but certainly more transmitter battery life then than now).

It shouldn't be the batteries either, they seem fine in other devices. And sometimes when I take them out, leave it for a while and put them back in, they can be good to go for a while longer. Though how much longer varies greatly.

I have considered swapping to a LiPo pack for the transmitter, but though I have some smaller 2S airsoft batteries and such, I'm not sure I have anything that'd fit directly without modding the battery holder area. Haven't gotten around to buying a new battery just for this.
I haven't had any issues, have 6 of these for the kids to run.

Maybe check to see if the tabs for the battery tray are corroded at all?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not that I can tell. I suppose I could try the LiPo install, would make it easier to track the battery capacity than with AAs. One 1800mAh I have wouldn't need too much compartment modding to fit. Though connector is an issue, the power cables in the transmitter are so flimsy and the battery uses a Tamiya connector.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Anyone using their radio with a lipo battery care to provide the dimensions of the lipo they are using?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Anyone using their radio with a lipo battery care to provide the dimensions of the lipo they are using?
I'm using a 1700 pack, can measure tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.