Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Most user friendly charger? >

Most user friendly charger?

Most user friendly charger?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Most user friendly charger?

I am still relatively new to the Hobby and I currently have a Onyx 235 charger and I only charge Lipos 2s, & 4s and I was wondering what the best charger is that has a user friendly interface. Price isnt an issue since I would rather get something good that I will use for years.

I have done some research and the Powerlab 8 and it looks great but I dont want to get a charger that is too complicated for me.

Thanks for any info
Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cellpro will be my next charger but probably one of the 10 series. That other one you mentioned might be over kill for what I will need it for, but if you ever get a 10s pack it will be awesome for that. Theese chargers have a big menu and lots of options so they will be difficult at first but after you learn it you will love it!!!

Right now I have a SKYRC charger and it works great easy menu but it is a lower end brand but time will tell it works great, balances good and charges fast if I tell it to do so!!!

Dont forget you will need a hefty power supply for that 8 you are looking at!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a Thunder T6 (60w x4) and a SkyRC Ultimate 800 (400w x2). Both of them are obviously Hota Chargers underneath, and as such sport the really simple, easy to use menu's you can expect out of them.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i always thought the cellpro chargers were easy to navigate through
powerlab 8 that is a beast.......
how about the cellpro 4s? its literally plug in and let it do its stuff once you get get your c charge rating done via the one button push. i cant remember the last time i touched the c rating button on mine. probably 2 years ago. i leave it on 2c and let it be. just plug and let it be
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

thank you guys for all the info, I am currently researching the cellpro 4s and cellpro 10s and I like what I see.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

www.progressiverc.com sells cellpro and junsi's they also have a few combo kits that include power supplies. if your looking powerlab 6 or 8 route look at their combos.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

From what I have seen they are all about the same. the big difference is that some have USB to computer connection for logging and such. I'm hoping the PL8 is my next charger. Too bad it will cost me more than the car I'm running on the track. lol
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

if your into heli and air it is a must. im looking at getting one as my current charge set up hurts when i need to charge 8s 5000
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have been using a Hyperion duo charger and it handles all my needs. Its limited at 6s but I have 2 of them and they handle all my nitro and e buggy needs with ease. I domt like to wait for charging. You have to have a power supply that can meet the demand of your charging. I use a max amps 24v ps on the bench at home and a muchmore 24amp ps for each charger at the track. The max amps is just too large to go to the track.