Wiki Posts
Search

Stay Away from Novak ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

sure he does, not arguing that.

My point is and will always be that to rant about something vs. simply informing others of your issue is lame.

Informing people of issues can be a benefit. A flaming rant is for personal satisfaction. What ever works I guess.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
sure he does, not arguing that.

My point is and will always be that to rant about something vs. simply informing others of your issue is lame.

Informing people of issues can be a benefit. A flaming rant is for personal satisfaction. What ever works I guess.

Get over it and go away !
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

In my experience, and I know I'm not the only one, Novak has always done right by me. So the replacement esc you need is on back order. Guess what? When they get off of back order you will get the one you need. Novak has awesome customer service. Bob Novak is a stand up guy that runs a great company. At a race sponsored by Novak that I was running in, I was running 4wd 1/10 buggy. I had an LRP motor and speedo someone was letting me use. The LRP motor was older and burnt up during practice on Friday. Bob was in attendance at the race and was pitting a few spots down from me. He overheard me talking to a buddy of mine about my problem. He gave me a brand new Ballistic 7.5 to replace the LRP that had gone bad. He said since I was running Novak in my 2wd buggy that he didn't mind replacing my LRP. What kind of company does that anymore? Very few, that's for sure.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

I still have all my brushed speedos from over 10+ years ago....Dually ,rooster and Cyclone tc. They all work fine in my mini and F-1 car. I have had to send back many times speedos from other companies from time to time. Any body who races knows the deal. What I did NOT do is get on a public forum and URGE OTHER members to boycut the company that I bought from. Dont forget how long Novak has been around and what they have done for rc racing.I think that the companies that were there from the early days (testing ,developing and helping the hobby evolve to what it is today ) deserve better that. We have become a bunch of cry babies....as soon as something fails on us ,we gotta scream how we got suckered and how its not fair.I have been racing for many years and I always have a back up speedo in my pit box. He is not warning anybody or saving anybody any trouble. Anybody with a brain does some research before they buy a speedo and asks around. The speedo is the second most exspensive thing you will by after your car or buggy ........ look at some reviews and ask some local guys. I dont use a Novak in my primary truck ,but I want to thank them for their support in the past and all the worry free years I have had with their products. Happy Easter
Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Electronic will fail period somewhere sometime every company goes through bad times but they improve learning from their issues. The only thing I see common with these Novak posting are the term back order. Why are things always on back order thats a red flag for me. Also these threads seem to be very common after awhile it makes you wonder which isnt good buinesss.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

I don't feel like I need to go anywhere, and I'm not. Frustration is understandable and totally understood. I don't care what brand it is my point is the same.

I ran Novak for years and may run them again, gave Tekin and honest try, it wasn't for me, currently running LRP with a new Orion in my stable. I'm not brand bias by any means but don't feel that bashing any company that can have the same failure as the rest is the right way to deal with it..once again that's my opinion.

If I really had an issue with the whole thing and wanted to be a dink I could simply delete the whole thread and the issue would be done.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand your frustration. But, instead of venting to idiots like me that only have our opinions you could contact somebody that may actually may be able to help. Look up the user name NovakTwo and send a pm. It might be Tuesday before you get a response because of the holiday weekend, but she is the company rep that monitors the forums. I hope everything can be resolved quickly for ya! I am one of those "Novak or nothing guys" and I hate to see somebody have a problem with a company that I have trusted for all these years!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I don't feel like I need to go anywhere, and I'm not. Frustration is understandable and totally understood. I don't care what brand it is my point is the same.

I ran Novak for years and may run them again, gave Tekin and honest try, it wasn't for me, currently running LRP with a new Orion in my stable. I'm not brand bias by any means but don't feel that bashing any company that can have the same failure as the rest is the right way to deal with it..once again that's my opinion.

If I really had an issue with the whole thing and wanted to be a dink I could simply delete the whole thread and the issue would be done.
Surprised you haven't already..
Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

trying to be open minded and show others a better way to resolve issues..... I don't need to re-post what I've said too many times before.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have only had 1 issue with Novak in over 3 years and it wasnt even an ESC. I had a 13.5 Ballistic motor just bust into smoke as soon as the battery was connected. Sent it in and they replaced it with a reman'd unit for $50. Got the reman'd back, installed it, double and triple checked ALL the connections and applied power to the ESC. Instant shuttering and heat filled with smoke from the motor. Never sent that one back in. Thought maybe it was the ESC so I put a brand new 10.5 on it and have been running it for about a year now.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JamminSP
I have only had 1 issue with Novak in over 3 years and it wasnt even an ESC. I had a 13.5 Ballistic motor just bust into smoke as soon as the battery was connected. Sent it in and they replaced it with a reman'd unit for $50. Got the reman'd back, installed it, double and triple checked ALL the connections and applied power to the ESC. Instant shuttering and heat filled with smoke from the motor. Never sent that one back in. Thought maybe it was the ESC so I put a brand new 10.5 on it and have been running it for about a year now.
I bought a reman. unit from Novak to save a buddy some money and the SS motor had an internal short. Had to send the reman. motor in for another one. Yup it sucks but that motor is still running strong....2 years later.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I bought a reman. unit from Novak to save a buddy some money and the SS motor had an internal short. Had to send the reman. motor in for another one. Yup it sucks but that motor is still running strong....2 years later.
It kinda bummed me when the first one went out only being a week old with 3 packs on it... I thought it wouldve been warranty with what it did but was told it overheated. It did overheat almost instantly but never while running. I knew if I sent the reman'd back in Id get the same line so I didnt waste the postage... Its still sitting here collecting dust.....
Old 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JamminSP
It kinda bummed me when the first one went out only being a week old with 3 packs on it... I thought it wouldve been warranty with what it did but was told it overheated. It did overheat almost instantly but never while running. I knew if I sent the reman'd back in Id get the same line so I didnt waste the postage... Its still sitting here collecting dust.....
Don't know what to tell you. All I can say is what I did and that was send a very detailed description of my situation and conditions of use. Vehicle, gear ratio, other motors tested with the same set up, esc change, ect. ect. They knew I exhausted all my options.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Company Representative

I am sorry for the problem with your Novak item. I am sure that once we receive items into inventory, we will replace your controller.

If you wish to contact me directly, I can research your transaction and get back to you on Monday.

Originally Posted by matas2u
bought a Novak pro Esc w/ X-drive 4 weeks ago, I ran it for 2 different practice sessions...then POOF up in smoke it goes.. sent it 2 weeks ago and called them up to follow up with Novak and was told i was to be notified when they will have more Esc's in stock because it's currently on BackOrder i was like Wow !

So i guess many other people are having the same issues with Novak and it seems to me they can't even keep enough in stock because they have to keep replacing them

Good quality stuff they make huh ...
Old 04-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just go to nitro, no escs there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.