Tekin RX8 HELP!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tekin RX8 HELP!

Recently put together an 1/8 scale RC8.2E. Car is about 1 month old, along with EVERY part on it. I have the M11X radio with a HiTec 7955TG servo. The motor is a Tekin T8 2250KV plugged into the RX8 ESC.

My dilemma -

I was running the car at the local indoor track. I am new to these so I was keeping a slower, steady pace. Car was working fine. I pulled it from the track to meet back at the table with my group. Unplugged the battery and shut down the receiver. 20 minutes later I turned on the transmitter and plugged in the battery. Steering was working, throttle was working. Walked to the track and gave the throttle one more tap before setting the car in the dirt and I had no throttle response. All LED's were out, receiver light off as well. I have checked all soldered connections and tried 3 different batteries. Still no power to the ESC at all. The ESC does however, respond to Hotwire when plugged in. Tried a firmware update, no luck there either.

This is a very sudden failure. The motor temps I was running were between 105 - 110. The ESC never saw anything over 100. Called the local hobby shop, they pushed me away and said call Tekin. They won't do an exchange.

Can anyone help with this? Anyone have similar issues? Folks at my local track said this is very unlike Tekin products.

Thanks

-BT
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

sorry to hear that man, hobby shop is allergic to their customer when it comes to warranty issues, they will really pushed you away cause they have nothing to do with what breaks and fail. electronics is electronics period!! they can break anytime in any place. I had worse experience, I bought an RX8 from my local hobby shop about 5 months ago, I got home soldered everything, turned the power on, did all the settings, 10 mins after , smoke came out from esc, what i got ?? DEAD ESC. I am just saying they can fail anytime. to me it sounds like the esc is bad, I would send it in if still under warranty, TEKIN has a good customer service and quick turn around.goodluck.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yeah, no smoke here. But thanks, I'll be pulling it out of the car and shipping it off this week.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenTerrible View Post
Yeah, no smoke here. But thanks, I'll be pulling it out of the car and shipping it off this week.
send it in, I'm sure you will get a new one. goodluck.