Wiki Posts
Search

Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Transponder

I was Wondering if it better to have 3 mylaps transponder or if it better to buy 1 trans and 3 holders. Does anyone find it a pain to just pull it out all the time to put into another car?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I tried to use one transponder on multiple vehicles my first year. It was a pain because inevitably I would forget to switch it over and go out on the track with a vehicle not counting. So, I opted to have one for each ride. Plus, some cars aren't really conducive to having to swap something like that all the time. My 1/8 buggy is a pain in the neck to get the radio box back together after opening it.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by klaymon
I tried to use one transponder on multiple vehicles my first year. It was a pain because inevitably I would forget to switch it over and go out on the track with a vehicle not counting. So, I opted to have one for each ride. Plus, some cars aren't really conducive to having to swap something like that all the time. My 1/8 buggy is a pain in the neck to get the radio box back together after opening it.
ok that what i was wondering thanks do you use the holders do you think it would be good to have some extras just i case i gonna grab some extra holders just wondering how many like 3 i think would be safe for now.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I don't use the holders. I just servo tape them to the top of the steering servo on my 1/10 stuff. My 1/8 has a mount, but I had already cut the ears off the transponder so I just servo taped it onto the mount.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have 4 PT's for a reason..

one is never enough
Old 02-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
I have 4 PT's for a reason..

one is never enough
ok will thanks for the input gonna get two tran and some holders for now and see how the hold in them.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My myLaps is in my 1/12 scale and difficult to get in and out of its holder so I opted to get a second one for my WGT.

I use the older AMBs in my 1/10 and 1/8. The workaround for a radio box is a short (3") aileron extension, plug that into the receiver and route the female end out of the box to plug in the transponder. I then affix the transponder with velcro on any of the vehicles.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AreCee
My myLaps is in my 1/12 scale and difficult to get in and out of its holder so I opted to get a second one for my WGT.

I use the older AMBs in my 1/10 and 1/8. The workaround for a radio box is a short (3") aileron extension, plug that into the receiver and route the female end out of the box to plug in the transponder. I then affix the transponder with velcro on any of the vehicles.
Will I got one trans for now two holder, 3extension and two split extension for the two channel rx so one end plugs the battery and the other for the trans i think. and i got some velcro too not sure which way holds better but im gonna try them both till i get some more trans stomer got them for 98 something for the mylaps cheapest spot i found.