Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savox digital Servo is suddenly stiff

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Savox digital Servo is suddenly stiff

Got a out of warranty Savox Digital Servo used for rc Drifting. After Transfering it to my new Kit with the same electronics suddenly my .07 sec. speed went down to Cheap analog Speed .3 sec(estimated)

I remembered that when no electric current is passing, my servo is limp and could easily turn the horn. But now it has resistance its like turning a wound up toy .

What seems to be the problem, is there such thing as binding of the Gears inside?
What to do?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zildjanlang
Got a out of warranty Savox Digital Servo used for rc Drifting. After Transfering it to my new Kit with the same electronics suddenly my .07 sec. speed went down to Cheap analog Speed .3 sec(estimated)

I remembered that when no electric current is passing, my servo is limp and could easily turn the horn. But now it has resistance its like turning a wound up toy .

What seems to be the problem, is there such thing as binding of the Gears inside?
What to do?

Thanks
To clarify, you're saying it is stiff with the power off and slow with the power on but only since you've put it in a new different car? Are you sure you're only talking about the servo and not the entire steering assembly? It sounds like your new car has a severe bind in the bellcranks/etc. somewhere but if that's not the case, it is possible to bend/tweak the gears inside the servo that could cause the servo itself to do that but it's an unlikely scenario.

I would first remove the servo from the car and first turn your front wheels back and forth by hand using the horn that was attached to the servo and doing so from the position where the servo was mounted. If there's no issue there, plug your servo into the receiver but outside of the car and test it w/o a load. One of those two should isolate your issue.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry for the confusion, But I did it detached from the steering assembly its way slower than before. I am sure there is no binding on the steering.

and when turned off(power). It is like a analog servo resistance you feel the gears moving inside .Where as a digital is pretty limp when done with fingers twisting of the horn with practically no resistance at all. My servo used to be like the later .

Wonder why
Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Normally when the my stiffen up they are about to go dead.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rider313
Normally when the my stiffen up they are about to go dead.
Ouch!!