Wiki Posts
Search

new servo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new servo question

im looking for a new servo to upgrade my b4.1 stock one. Im not looking for the best but a good one and also i dont want to have to buy other things with it like a glitchbuster to make it run good. thankyou
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chancejeff
im looking for a new servo to upgrade my b4.1 stock one. Im not looking for the best but a good one and also i dont want to have to buy other things with it like a glitchbuster to make it run good. thankyou
What's your price limit?

If spending a bit more for peace of mind, reliability (lasts basically forever), fast response, more than enough torque, low power draw (no need for a glitchbuster), etc, I highly recommend a Futaba BLS451. They're all I run in 2wd cars and can be found for $100-110 online, and less if used... Futaba is a pretty stodgy choice, but there's a good reason they've been in the business forever.

The Associated (XP) DS1015 is a little less expensive and has a very good reputation; it'd probably be my second choice.

Airtronics also has a good reputation, but you'll pay about the same as either of the above two for a quality steering servo.

I also hear good things about KO Propo's offerings, but their prices are about twice that of known-good servos. Most people switch to them so they can run direct Lipo power.

Many of the other brands people talk about seem unreliable (that's usually why they're talking) and/or have a reputation for high power draw (meaning you'll need the glitch buster)...
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Futaba BLS451 and the BLS551 are good choices. $110 -$120 are excellent choices.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry i dont want to spend this much for a servo like i said i dont want the best just good like upgraded from my stock i dont have to much money
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run a Savox 1257 with no glitch buster. That said, it will be highly dependent on your ESC's BEC circuit to determine what you can run without "supporting mods"

Fwiw, the 1257 is very fast and has good torque for 1/10th scale, and should be about $60 at your local hobby shop
Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hitec 5625's aren't too bad, and used to be about $55. Not as fast as high-end stuff but bulletproof and seem to be pretty easy on BECs.

-Eric
Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default my esc

xp sc200- i cant post links yet