Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible customer service from Hobbypartz

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down Horrible customer service from Hobbypartz

Would you buy from this Internet RC supplier?

Placed a $160 order but in the received order they sent the wrong $40 motor.

Took three phone calls to get them to agree to pay the shipping back to them for their mistake. Each call was at least a 20 minute wait to get helped. Asked to talk with the manager but he was always "in a meeting". Some one was suppose to call back... never happend.

Finally got an RMA with the promise of shipping cost refund if I sent it in the cheapy USPS box. They would not pay for tracking or insurance.

Waited a month and no parts returned. Called again but one of the listed numbers never answered and the other line never helped me after another 20 minute wait. No 1-800 number so the costs were on the caller- long distance.

Finally got ahold of them on their CHAT line off the webpage after a 15 minute wait. They claim they never received the part back. No tracking or insurance on the package so USPS can not locate it. So we get to eat it ($40) plus the phone bill. That will be good for their profit margin if they did get it and just re-stocked it.

Should have bought the part at the local hobby shop!This was my first purchase from this outfit. Definately my last purchase since this transaction went so bad. Buyer beware. Bad customer service is not acceptable and bad business practice. I am sure the people we talk to at our local track will hear of this and hope they decide not to take the chance of getting burned like I did.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They have really shitty CS over phone or that chat thing.

Best thing to do is to go on to their forum and find the hobbypartz area (I think the guy who helps is called Eric).

It took three weeks of emailing and phone calls to get no where. I made a thread and within a day I had an RMA number and was good to go.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Sad... Just looked at their facebook and it appears they have alot of upset customers who have had wrong parts shipped to them.

Also, it is kinda weird that they have 2 businesses operating out of the same building selling the same parts...Hobbypartz=Nitrorx
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i will have to say.. when i got my order my reciver was cracked (still works) i let them know an they even sent me another one free!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Well all i have to say is ive never had issues with them and will order from them again and again.

Sorry to say this but you get what you pay for dont expect the consumer service to be great.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is it me or does it seem that recently, people are joining rctech just to make a hobbypartz complaint. Whats up with that?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike
Is it me or does it seem that recently, people are joining rctech just to make a hobbypartz complaint. Whats up with that?

yea
Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Sorry to say this but you get what you pay for dont expect the consumer service to be great.
Maybe you dont care about CS. I do. If your spending 10 bucks or 100, you should recieve CS that makes you want to come back. Wait till it happens to you, then maybe your mind will change.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

I am a retread to rc. I did it years ago, now I am starting again along with my son. Kind of a father son thing. Anyway, I have been reading some informative posts on here for about a month or so, however I must have missed the bad CS posts. Why would I post anything if I am still learning. Not a "pro" like some, so I learn from their knowledge to help me make good decisions. I am posting this to warn others of Hobbypartz bad cutomer service. If your experience has been good, lucky you. Mine, not so lucky.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Maybe you dont care about CS. I do. If your spending 10 bucks or 100, you should recieve CS that makes you want to come back. Wait till it happens to you, then maybe your mind will change.

I spent more than $100 there not all at once though but ive been lucky that ive havnt had any issues with the lipos or chargers they sell but to me in my opinion for the price you pay its not worth paying the shipping. To send the non working product out but if it was around $200 or more than yes.

But i dont expect to have great consumer service buying lower priced stuff as much as i whould like to .
I go to amainhobbies or gshobby to have better service because well your paying more for marked up chargers, lipos etc that are double the price that are made all in the same factory pretty much.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

simple file a claim with paypal or your credit card for the missing motor.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why didnt you just pay the few extra bucks for insurance or tracking ?

Not unusual for vendors who sell stuff cheap to save a few bucks in the service department

Cheers
Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
I am a retread to rc. I did it years ago, now I am starting again along with my son. Kind of a father son thing. Anyway, I have been reading some informative posts on here for about a month or so, however I must have missed the bad CS posts. Why would I post anything if I am still learning. Not a "pro" like some, so I learn from their knowledge to help me make good decisions. I am posting this to warn others of Hobbypartz bad cutomer service. If your experience has been good, lucky you. Mine, not so lucky.
Nobody needs a warning, most people already know that companies cant make everyone happy all the time. And they are not perfect.

Hobbypartz has done plenty of good CS. But just like everyone, they make mistakes. And they try to rectify the situation.

And for the price, its worth the risk.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Nobody needs a warning, most people already know that companies cant make everyone happy all the time. And they are not perfect.

Hobbypartz has done plenty of good CS. But just like everyone, they make mistakes. And they try to rectify the situation.

And for the price, its worth the risk.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hobbypartz IS THE GO TO PLACE if they have what you need. I have ordered at least 10 times and every item has been delivered to my door in less than 5 days to Florida(usually 2). My last order was close to $300, and I could not be any happier with the results.
I wonder if luck really tells the whole story.

But having the local hack shop nearby is nice when your ESC melts every other week. That great customer service will have you back on the track in no time, whether you plug it in backwards or the factory screws it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.