R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Servo jerking without input?

I just built a 1/10 scale buggy with Savox 1258tg servo. Installation went as planned and I followed all directions. This seems like a good servo except this...........With the buggy on, transmitter on and transmitter controls at neutral, the servo jerks back and forth about 10 degrees left to right over and over. Its acting like it is receiving constant commands to go back and forth but the transmitter is in neutral wheel position. I've tried adjusting trim and other transmitter settings but no help. I will note that the servo ONLY jerks when the transmitter is ON. I have a Spektrum DX3C radio.
Any advise?

Thanks, Rick

Sponsored by: The women who think I am a Race Car Driver

Last edited by RickSlick; 11-12-2011 at 11:43 AM.
RickSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i just had this happen to me. I have a dx3r and ko propo servos the. The throttle seems fine but steering will either jerk completely right or just jerk like crazy back and forth. i dont know what to do i have checked the wires and followed directions to a t. Please anybody help
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Tech Master

well i just fooled with it some more and now the throttle is doing it also. I tried another servo and same thing happened. So im thinking that something is wrong with receiver or a setting in the transmitter is wrong and i dont know how to fix it. ANYBODY ?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was intending to run savox but changed my mind,i did read on this forum that some people were experiencing issues mixing savox servos with spektum radios.
Cruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Cruze,
That's my suspicion is that the servo is receiving weird signals from the radio.
I have another car that runs perfect with the same radio and a different servo, its made by Team Associated. So therefore I must assume its a servo problem and not in the radio transmitter.
Might have to send back the Savox and get another brand.

Rick

Old 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Tech Regular

On another note, I searched the forums here and saw problems with Savox and Spektrum. I am somewhat new to RC and would like to know what a BEC is?
I know what capacitors are but not a BEC. What does it physically look like and cost?
Rick

Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Tech Master

i swapped the ko propo servo to a savox both doing the same thing. When i first hooked up the ko propo the steering servo was only one doing it. now both throttle and steering are doing it. The dx3r and reciever are brand new
Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSlick View Post
On another note, I searched the forums here and saw problems with Savox and Spektrum. I am somewhat new to RC and would like to know what a BEC is?
I know what capacitors are but not a BEC. What does it physically look like and cost?
Rick
BEC
step-down voltage regulator
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
Tech Master

this really has me confused. i have heard of people running savox and ko propo servos with dx3r with no problems. I have both and tried both they are brand new. they are both shaking and wont work. i have tried everything. All the wires are right receiver battery is charged. i bind them and the servos start shaking. Everything is brand new. i really wish i could figure it out
Old 11-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

People in my area are having the same problems with the Spektrum/Savox combo. I also experienced the same with the Tactic/Savox combo. Wont be wasting money on anything Savox anymore. Ill stick with Hitec.
LarrysDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
People in my area are having the same problems with the Spektrum/Savox combo. I also experienced the same with the Tactic/Savox combo. Wont be wasting money on anything Savox anymore. Ill stick with Hitec.
Exactly what i did and all trouble free,unless you have a 3300T receiver that's another story.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
Tech Master

So can you guys explain why my ko propo servos wont work either ?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSlick View Post
I just built a 1/10 scale buggy with Savox 1258tg servo. Installation went as planned and I followed all directions. This seems like a good servo except this...........With the buggy on, transmitter on and transmitter controls at neutral, the servo jerks back and forth about 10 degrees left to right over and over. Its acting like it is receiving constant commands to go back and forth but the transmitter is in neutral wheel position. I've tried adjusting trim and other transmitter settings but no help. I will note that the servo ONLY jerks when the transmitter is ON. I have a Spektrum DX3C radio.
Any advise?

Thanks, Rick
I had the same problem, I have just added a Novak GTB capacitor (all I had) to the receiver and it has fixed the problem, It's only been bench tested at this stage so unsure if the cap will hold up, will find out next weekend.