R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MMP, Wiring Colors and Controller Question

Picked up a Mamba max pro 5700kv combo and threw it in my SC10. The motor/esc comes pre soldered with leads and the wires are color coded Red, White and Black.

So I hooked them up to there color even though, to my knowledge it doesn't matter (OCD thing I guess) which they go to. So I go out and test my base setup and the truck runs twice as fast in reverse as forward. So naturally I swap the white and red wires and reverse my radio and presto... mega power in forward, 50% in reverse like I have it set.

Now the issue comes in where I have very little brake on forward now since the swap of wires. If I switch the wires back around, red to red and white to white, black I never touched, I have 50% forward drive power but 100% brake. I do have the brake set to 100% on Castle Link. I was of the assumption I could toss these wires around to any of the colors (mix and match) and it should work fine providing I have forward as it's supposed to be and the radio set as well. Wondering why my brake only gives me the 100% when my wire colors all match up.

Strange stuff....

BTW, long time troll, first time poster!
Creativeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You did calibrate the esc to your TX?
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had the same problem, I just put a Sidewinder V2 / 6900 combo in my son's on road car and it ran backwards and a 5700 4 pole that I put in my SC10 also ran backwards... weird because the other 5700 I have runs the correct rotation with my MMP. The quick fix was to swap wires but later on I swapped the wires back and used the Castle Link to just reverse the motor.

The first thing I checked was the throttle to make sure it was reversed like it needs to be with a Futaba radio.
Steve. is offline   Reply With Quote