Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MX-3X vs MT-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i much prefer the MT4 to the MX3 radios...... I almost like the MT4 as much as I like my M11X

Last edited by Maximo; 09-26-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
whats the advantage of using lipos in this transmitter??
I have plenty of NimH's I can use, 4x NiMhs dont weigh much
Do AA's not last long enough ??

cheers
i dont know if there is an advantage to lipo in a tx or not. i went with a hyperion lipo in my sd-10g aircraft transmitter for the shear convenience of going an entire week of flying everyday without charging to slamming the hyperion lipo at 4c and being done charging in 10 minutes on friday nights for the next week.
so when my surface transmitter came i immediately went to my lhs and trial fitted a lipo to it. yay for lhs when it comes to trial fitting things.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

The 3x-mx arrived today.
Initial impressions

Batt holder is VERY CRUDE. Will look at replacing it.
Batt compartment is designed for 8batts, so they just stuck in a 4batt holder with a rubber spacer to take up the xtra space.
Wheel is small, too small ??? Much Smaller than any other car TX Ive used(Spektrum, JR, Fut etc)

Obviously the LCD screen is small, but is well thought out & easy too use.
Manual trim buttons on top are easy to access and trim via buttons is displayed on the LCD
Overall, doesnt feel cheap, feels nice & solid , comfortable in the hand. Feels a bit heavier than it actually is.

Im sure the actual radio side of thing will be perfect, thats the reason I bought it....

Perhaps, if you can afford it, the MT-4 would be better.Its not too more expensive
But I still had to buy more rx's so the cheaper MX-3X fits the budget a bit better
Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default LiPo Battery for Sanwa MX-3X

Does this LiPo fit in the MX-3X?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellect-7-...42110993699865

MX-3X has no ABS?
MT-4 has?

Disadvantage when racing TC? (with spool, so breaking on all four wheels)
Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default airtronics vs futaba

did anybody with a MX-3X consider a Futaba 3PL?

i'm pretty sure they are similar in price and the 3PL comes with ABS and 10 model memory. receivers are about $50 each.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Default still curious

Originally Posted by daverobbo5

i'm pretty sure they are similar in price and the 3PL comes with ABS and 10 model memory. receivers are about $50 each.
airtronics vs futaba. any thoughts rc'ers? thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daverobbo5

I have been using the MX-3X for about a year now, and originally looked at the Futaba radios since Futaba is what I started off with several years ago. That said, I LOVE the MX-3X and it has been trouble free for a year now. I am using it with two kits, a T4.1 and an RC18T2. The manual was confusing at first, especially when it comes to programming multiple models. The first time I tried to add a new model I accidentally programmed over the first one - the manual was a little vague, but I figured it out. I am very happy with it - and the range is fantastic. Both kits operate with zero glitches and the range is fantastic. My buddy has a Spektrum DX3E and I can easily out-distance him range-wise.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I have been using the MX-3X for about a year now, and originally looked at the Futaba radios since Futaba is what I started off with several years ago. That said, I LOVE the MX-3X and it has been trouble free for a year now. I am using it with two kits, a T4.1 and an RC18T2. The manual was confusing at first, especially when it comes to programming multiple models. The first time I tried to add a new model I accidentally programmed over the first one - the manual was a little vague, but I figured it out. I am very happy with it - and the range is fantastic. Both kits operate with zero glitches and the range is fantastic. My buddy has a Spektrum DX3E and I can easily out-distance him range-wise.
Thanks for the response.
I gotta say the 3PL has cheap feel and I'm the only one using one at my track.

Quiet a few MX-3X and lots of spectrums and a couple KO's.

Big Squid lead me to the 3PL and the fact that I'd had a an AM Futaba before. Wobbly wheel just bugs you all the time.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hye everyone...1 question only..can we disable st trim shortcut for mx3x ....coz i am a left hander....keep accidentally decrease the st trim while racing