Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interference?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Interference?

Can a nitro engine be a cause of radio interference? When I rev up my engine my servos twitch but they don't do it when the engine is off. Often my throttle servo will stay full out for a 3-6 seconds when I apply the brake.
Is there anything else that might cause this?
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Sometimes it's the receiver, sometimes one of your servos dying due to the vibration.

A quick check is to remove the receiver from the chassis, and hold it in your hand while the engine is running to see if the servos still act erratic.

If that fixes everything for you, wrap your receiver in some foam before putting it back in your receiver box, or use some thicker foam tape to secure it to the chassis.

If it doesn't fix it, you need to unplug one servo at a time with the same test to see if one or both of the servos are going bad due to vibration.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Okay thanks, I'll do that tonight
Old 09-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Check to make sure that you do not have any wires (servo lead, transponder and battery) crossing over your receiver antenna and also the servo plugs are good and not pulled out of the connector harness to give bad contact while in the receiver.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Check to make sure that you do not have any wires (servo lead, transponder and battery) crossing over your receiver antenna and also the servo plugs are good and not pulled out of the connector harness to give bad contact while in the receiver.
Thanks, I'll double check all my wires.