Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default LRP SXX StockSpec V2 problems

Brand new speedo. I was rewiring my car so I ended up with just the speedo plugged into the receivers. I turned in on, went through the setup, everything was working fine, even the blinking light for the zero boost mode.

I plugged in the servo and the speed control light went out. I had no control over the speedo or servo. I unplugged the servo and the speedo light started blinking again and it would run the motor. Plugged the servo back in and it stopped. I tried a different receiver with the same results. I tried a different servo with the same results. I went back to my old speedo and the receiver and servo work fine.

Any ideas?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

I called LRP and they said to send it in so they can fix it. Doesn’t do me much good for the local trophy race this weekend that I bought it for. I’m also going to end up with a fixed speed control instead of a new one.

I was debating between getting the LRP or the Tekin. Guess I picked the wrong one.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I wouldn't say that, you were just unlucky. I have both and like the LRP much better after having been a Tekin fan for ever. You couldn't have gone wrong either way.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

I borrowed a friends SXX V2 for the weekend that he pulled out of a 12th scale for me. On the fourth qualifier, it would not turn on. I didn’t over heat anything or wreak. As it turns out, the borrowed speed control didn’t work out of the box either. It would not work on a 1 cell lipo. He had to send it in twice before they figured out what was wrong and now he has to send it in a third time.

I talked to the warrantee people at associated and they said that the only thing they can do for me is send me a new one after I pay to ship this one back. They don't even have a way to ship brand new junk back to them without having their customers pay more. So, here I go spending more money on a speed control that I have no expectations will work. As long as an LRP speed control is in my car, I will have a backup in my pit box.