Community
Wiki Posts
Search

newbie with a problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default newbie with a problem

i just recently traded for a hpi blitz without seeing if it ran first because i trusted the guy. it has the velineon motor and the vxl3s esc on it. it came with a losi mtx pro with spektrum 2.4ghz radio and spektrum sr3000 receiver. when i turn it all on the steering is backwards. left is right and right is left. also when i pull on the throttle or reverse, nothing. the radio has a throttle trim knob on it and when you rotate it all the way to the right the truck takes off until you turn it back or pull on the trigger slows it down as well. i'm lost, hopefully its something simple. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First you will want to download the manuals for your Radio & ESC.

Follow the setup procedures to calibrate your Radio & ESC. This should solve all your problems. You can change, or "Reverse" the steering servo via your radio settings. The throttle/brake problem can be solved by reseting your radio and calibrating the radio to your ESC which will be covered in the setup procedures in the manuals.

Manuals: the most under utilized reference material on earth
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I remember these days! lol... Yea, you'll need to caliberate your radio and reverse the steering channel on your TX
Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

okay i feel stupid knowing now that the steering was that easy to fix!! i've tried recalibrating the vxl3s like it says, pull throttle when is flashes red once and hold it, flashes red twice full reverse and hold it. flash green once and its complete. i tried it a few times and it would never flash red twice until i let go of the throttle to put in reverse. then it would never flash green. but at least now i can use the reverse trigger to go forward but no reverse. i'm charging the battery and gonna try to recalibrate it again
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You might need to set the radio endpoints to 100 to get it to calibrate correctly.

If you can't get it to go all the way thru calibration, check on the endpoints.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I recently picked up a spektrum dx3r and when I set it up the first time I had a "moment of What The!?" Then, unknown to me until I read the manual, there was a way to calibrate the potentiometers (guessed spelling) but you basically calibrated the radio to full right, full left, full throttle, full brake, and neutral.

Double check that since your spektrum. It was new to me as my old M8 didn't have that option other than "trimming" them or setting endpoints manually.