Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hyperion EOS0606i-c balance charging

Hi,

Purchased the above brand new today, trying to work out settings
Charging 2200mAh 3s LIPOS.
Charge mode is fine as is storage mode
Question i have is do i need to change settings somewhere to do a balance charge, checks battery ok but beeps and flashes (END) at 3.96V per cell, shouldnt it be 4.2V per cell for an 11.1v 3S LIPO ??

Anyone instruct me on how to set up please

Steve
Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Going to need some more feedback from others but I believe that the hyperion charger your talking ONLY balance charges. If your charging it is a balanced charge.

I only run 2S batteries but I concur with your 4.2v per cell math. I'm unsure why it's peaking out at the lower per cell voltage. Is the pack new or old? Do you have any other packs for comparison?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah still getting my head around it , my old Bantam actually did a balance charge
Correct me if i am wrong but it looks as though it does what you said and balances when it charges ( fully charged shows 4.2V per cell)

Why the balance cycle then ( do i use that after fully charging a battery ???)

Packs arent brand new 50 odd cycles old and still running strong

thanks for the reply
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

If you have the balance harness connected, it will be a balance charge by default.

If you don't connect the harness, it will warn you, and require another button push to charge without balancing.

As far as balance only, that's a good question, as it is almost always a mistake to only balance a lipo. Maybe for an attempt to recover messed up packs that won't balance charge correctly?

Bottom line, just balance charge and run. The manual even recommends promptly removing the lipo at the end of charge so no unnecessary balancing happens.