Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Hi-Tec Servo Problems >

Hi-Tec Servo Problems

Hi-Tec Servo Problems

Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi-Tec Servo Problems

Hey guys.

Just bought two Hi-Tec HS 645MG servos for my 1/8th scale buggy project. I also just got a new RC4WD transmitter and receiver, the Rock Crawler 2.4GHz 3-Channel and a y-harness so i can have 4 wheel steering (that's why i got two servos, duh).

My problem is that when i change the 3rd channel switch to allow for front wheel steering, rear wheel steering, crab walk, and four wheel steering, nothing happens for front wheel steering, and for the rest of the settings, the servos turn the same direction each time, instead of adjusting to what should be happening (i.e.: rear wheel steering, just one servo should be operating, same for crab walk and four wheel steering, they both turn, just in the same direction.) I know for crab walk this is correct, but why should that be the only one to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Do you have the 2 servos connected with the Y harness? If so they will always work together. They need to be on separate channels from the receiver. Sounds like both are connected to the rear channel.