Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
The go to SERVO thread! >

The go to SERVO thread!

The go to SERVO thread!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hitec HS-7955TG

I have used this for steering in my Losi 8ight-T 2.0 that I converted to electric and ran all of last year. It was my first year in R/C so it got quite the rough treatment driving full speed into the wall at the end of the straight and so on.
This year I sold the truggy to a new guy and it is still being given the rough newbie treatment.
No problems of any kind.

Edit: Weight (grams): 65.0
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Fitec FS5679M,bought 4 samples which is inexpensive,After building one of it in test car and race it Last race.
feel its functions very good ,it is fast ,strong and centering is perfect .
none of them is chattering round zero like other bad servos
very satisfied and would like to share with you.
this a nice alternative for our racers,I think.
It is worth to try!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Why don't you take all this info and put it in a spreadsheet so its searchable?

Just a thought - if you do, you should include spline count for the servo as well - see a lot of ques about what fits what servo.....
Like someone else said previously in this thread, there is already a database/website which lists pretty much every servo in the market, with all the specs and approx street $. Its what I used in making my choice in servos (in my case, XQ-POWER titanium-geared servos which I cant speak of highly enough)

http://www.servodatabase.com/

Alot of people are going to have different opinions on the same servo....some people have success with certain servos whilst others have had issues......this thread will just get too messy to find any information easily enough.

My 2c.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those on a budget and want something better then the basic plastic gear servos, the Blue Bird range is a great Option.

In my back up 1/10th touring car I'm using a Blue Bird BMS-631MG Super Fast Servo (Metal Gear).
Stats are.
Weight: 46 grams / 1.62 oz.
Dimensions: 40.5 x 20 x 41.2 mm / 1.60 x 0.78 x 1.54 inch
Torque At 4.8V: 5.0kg-cm , 69 oz-in
Torque At 6.0V: 6.2kg-cm , 89 oz-in
Speed At 4.8V: 0.10 sec / 60° at no load
Speed At 6.0V: 0.08 sec / 60° at no load

Compared to my Savox 1251MG low profile servo, the performance is not that much different. It's a little bigger, heavier and not as much torque but for $15, it's a heck of a lot better then the plastic servos that come in the cheaper radio kits.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I should probably update this!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo issues cont.

I've found a semi-solution to my faulty steering servo.

It seems if I turn the steering trim all the way one way (say left) plus steer with the steering knob all the way to the left and hold, the steering comes to life after a couple of seconds.

If I turn the receiver off then on again the problem returns and if I do the steering trick it comes back to life but even faster. A third time and it happens almost instantly.

Anyway, not sure if this is a common prob or if my servo is just special.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default servo failure

i just had a ace xp1313 servo fail on me last night. i installed a new m11x recevier in my sc10 last night. all was well right after i did the bind process. steering was working great. but after i started adjusting the end points. i noticed the servo started acting wierd. would run very slow in some directions and sometimes not respond at all. i dont think the radio or settings are causing it. i did try another servo and it worked fine. im new to electric cars with lipos. since the lipo is at 8.4 volts fully charged. does the servo see 8.4 volts? if so do i need a high voltage servo or a voltage regulator?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc8 racer
im new to electric cars with lipos. since the lipo is at 8.4 volts fully charged. does the servo see 8.4 volts? if so do i need a high voltage servo or a voltage regulator?
No, in most cases the servo gets somewhere between 5V-6V from the ESC.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

CANT FORGET THE FUTABA BLS LINE FELLAS!!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys I hope a question is ok in here.

I burnt up the servo in my losi 8ight 3.0 RTR and am having a real hard time finding a replacement servo to fit. I have bought the savox 0231 and 0230 and both don't fit right. The mounting holes don't line up and the top of the servo where the horn connects sits to high. The steering linkage is all in level and wonky.

Any recommendations on what servo fits right and has the right height?? I have contacted my LHS, horizon, and savox and no one has an answer. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DCR1326
Hey guys I hope a question is ok in here.

I burnt up the servo in my losi 8ight 3.0 RTR and am having a real hard time finding a replacement servo to fit. I have bought the savox 0231 and 0230 and both don't fit right. The mounting holes don't line up and the top of the servo where the horn connects sits to high. The steering linkage is all in level and wonky.

Any recommendations on what servo fits right and has the right height?? I have contacted my LHS, horizon, and savox and no one has an answer. PLEASE HELP!!!
Why waterproof servos in a race vehicle first off??? Second. Not sure about these servo's exactly, but make sure you use the right 1mm shims that go under the servo mounting tabs. I believe you only need 1mm shims or none for savox's, but again, Im not sure with those particular servos.