Wiki Posts
Search

Cogging issue with set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Cogging issue with set up

Well I have changed out the motor and still same cogging issue.. I can help the cogging by turning down my expo and slowly hitting the throttle.. if I go from nuetral to full throttle it just puts/hesitates...

MMP (Mamba max pro) 1.26 version, dual mode on
spektrum reciever Micro
Hitec 965 servo
Tekin redline 8.5
Novak 5.5 (2nd motor same issue)
3 seperate sensor wires
6000mah saddle pack 25c (if it matters)
with OR without novak glitch buster same issue.

any one????? THANK YOU!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnelson214
Well I have changed out the motor and still same cogging issue.. I can help the cogging by turning down my expo and slowly hitting the throttle.. if I go from nuetral to full throttle it just puts/hesitates...

MMP (Mamba max pro) 1.26 version, dual mode on
spektrum reciever Micro
Hitec 965 servo
Tekin redline 8.5
Novak 5.5 (2nd motor same issue)
3 seperate sensor wires
6000mah saddle pack 25c (if it matters)
with OR without novak glitch buster same issue.

any one????? THANK YOU!!
In my experience, a full throttle cogging like that is almost always caused by a weak battery or poor connections somewhere between the battery and motor. The fact that it starts better when you give it throttle slowly tells me the problem happens when current draw is high. 6000mah 25C should be enough to power either of those motors assuming it is in decent condition, so I would look to connections first. What kind of battery and motor connectors? Have you replaced any of them? Sorry if this has been covered, it sounds like you have posted something about this before but I am not familiar with it. Is this a problem that started all-of-a-sudden or did it start with all new components?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
In my experience, a full throttle cogging like that is almost always caused by a weak battery or poor connections somewhere between the battery and motor. The fact that it starts better when you give it throttle slowly tells me the problem happens when current draw is high. 6000mah 25C should be enough to power either of those motors assuming it is in decent condition, so I would look to connections first. What kind of battery and motor connectors? Have you replaced any of them? Sorry if this has been covered, it sounds like you have posted something about this before but I am not familiar with it. Is this a problem that started all-of-a-sudden or did it start with all new components?
I have had some other issues with this set up but the cogging issue is new with the battery and buggy. I am using bullet connectors with both motors and its a gen's battery that is brand new. I thought the battery as well... I might buy a new one and see or try someone elses.. the connections on motors were both same in other vehicles and worked fine. esc is new.
thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just a suggestion, but you might try rolling back the esc firmware to an earlier version ans see if that helps.

I read about a similar prob that was solved by rolling back to 1.21....
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In your settings, did you try high power starts ?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
You were 100% correct... I used a stick pack just for the hell of it and it was fine.. charged the saddle pack and it was fine.. it was at 3.9v per cell which you would think was fine but it wasnt... checked the mmp settings and it was auto lipo cut off which is 3.0v default... not sure but THANKS EVERYONE for the help...