Search

Futaba 4PK and R614FF problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Futaba 4PK and R614FF problem

hey guys,

im using my old 4PK with the R614FF receiver for about 3 months now without a problem.

but racing today changed the whole story. in a 7 min heats, my receiver went to fail safe mode over 10 times for about 1 second each time then get back to full control. it was running fine before.

im running a lipo rx with hitec high voltage 7940 and 7950. changing to 6v hump pack didnt help either.

its definitely is the R614FF receiver that was toying around. i change to the old R604FS receiver and run a 6v nimh hump pack and the problem went away.

any thoughts on what could have been the cause??
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Considering the 614FF is the high voltage RX, that doesn't make any sense at all. My only suggestions are to make sure your antenna is upright. I did have a couple fail safe interruptions, indoors surrounded by other 2.4 radios and routers, before I ran my antenna outside the body. Shouldn't need it, but you could try a glitch buster.....I would call Futaba on Monday and explain the issue to them. They have great customer service in my experience.