Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery brands?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default battery brands?

im new to electric so im not famaliar with the topshelf battery makers.i assume some must be of a better quality than others?i was told at the track that some dont have a true (C) rating?so a battery thats rated at 25c could really be 21 or 22?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is no real standard for manufacturers to justify their discharge ratings so treat it as nothing more than a fancy sticker used to sell more packs

A cell's internal resistance is what determines is capabilities, some are lower than others

Cheers
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've tested my 3C 2S rated lipos using a data recorder and they are closer to 30C than 35C. The name brands may be better as far as delivering the rating, but some of the cheap lipos are not bad.

There's also a world of diff in an overrated 35 or 40C versus an overrated 25C. The higher rated ones can lose some of their rating and still have plenty left, but the overrated 25C doesn't have that much cushion. If it goes under 20C, you'd have a lipo that was getting way too hot in a lot of setups cause it couldn't supply the current.

I don't buy anything less than 30 - 35C anymore.