Wiki Posts
Search

Timing Software 4 Mac OS

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Timing Software 4 Mac OS

I am currently in the market for a timing system for a new club. I am looking at iLaps & the new T:MER systems but want, need, HAVE to use my Mac and/or iPad.

iLaps is cheaper, I have raced using this system, and there is lots of software you can use with it. None seem to be mac OS compatible though?

T:MER is more expensive, can only be used with one software program (which looks to be very good) but will eventually have a mac version. Also it uses bluetooth and doesn't need any bridge sensors or cables of any sort but it's a new product so there isn't real any info from non-biased parties.

I am having trouble deciding which to buy, iLaps would be my 1st choice if I can use it with my iPad or Mac.

Thanks for helping an Apple fanatic out.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You could run BootCamp or Parallels on the Mac as another option if the timer programs are not compatible with a Mac. Most likely, they won't be. Most programs are either Windows specific or Apple specific. It may be easier (and possibly cheaper) to run BootCamp or Parallels so you will be able to run the timer system that you want without having to get another computer.