Search
Like Tree2Likes

Help with hobbywing ESC setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey any luck here?

If you have a Futaba, or a rebranded Futaba (comes with some RTRs), you will want throttle reversed on your controller. Most other brands should be in the normal position. Dont forget that every time you switch throttle direction, you must re-calibrate the ESC to your throttle position. After calibration if it moves backwards you switch any two motor wires. If you have any throttle settings such as end points on your radio you will want those at 100% before calibration.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

No luck yet, it's an Airtronics MX-3X which has adjustments for everything and everything.

When you say 100% on end points which specifically, I cleared all the settings to a standard default on the radio to make sure nothing I set was odd.

I read a couple old threads that say this delay may be normal while the ESC energizes and figures out where the rotor is. I have other sensorless ESC's that do not do this though or at least at a level so low I can't tell.

Last edited by RCveteran; 01-15-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

maybe ur battery cannot give the instant punch to the motor?

try reflash your esc too
Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCveteran
No luck yet, it's an Airtronics MX-3X which has adjustments for everything and everything.

When you say 100% on end points which specifically, I cleared all the settings to a standard default on the radio to make sure nothing I set was odd.

I read a couple old threads that say this delay may be normal while the ESC energizes and figures out where the rotor is. I have other sensorless ESC's that do not do this though or at least at a level so low I can't tell.
Default should be right on, just make sure you have completed calibration after you reset the radio.

You should not notice any delay, just like with your other sensorless controllers. I have used almost every brand available of sensored and sensorless and the EZRun should be as quick and smooth off the line as any.

Aside from setup, there are only a few other options: I see poor connections cause most problems, weak batteries, and faulty equipment are other possible causes. If you have other motors or ESCs available to test that would be a good idea to eliminate any potential problems.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCveteran

Recalibrate your radio. This time with your throttle set 95%.

Works like a charm for me.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default solution

After having the same issue today, it's led me here and I have figured it out. Hopefully can help others.
The problem is your sensor lead. It's either:-

A. Not plugged in the right way.
B. Not plugged in all the way.
C. Damaged (not likely).

Solution:-
A. (Make sure it's plugged in the right way).
There is a small locating tab on each side of both plugs. They slot into the motor and esc. It's possible to push the plug in the wrong way. Look closely.
B. (Make sure the plug is pushed in all the way). You can use a small flat blade screw driver to carefully push it in all the way, pushing on either side of the plug.
C. Try another sensor lead.

When I unplugged the the lead, the esc characteristics did not change. That's when I thought it may be the problem. Trying another lead, making sure it was in the right way and fully in, it worked. So I plugged in the original lead, making sure, right way and pushed in fully and presto, all good. 👍
Old 03-31-2021, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Falcenduro
After having the same issue today, it's led me here and I have figured it out. Hopefully can help others.
The problem is your sensor lead. It's either:-

A. Not plugged in the right way.
B. Not plugged in all the way.
C. Damaged (not likely).

Solution:-
A. (Make sure it's plugged in the right way).
There is a small locating tab on each side of both plugs. They slot into the motor and esc. It's possible to push the plug in the wrong way. Look closely.
B. (Make sure the plug is pushed in all the way). You can use a small flat blade screw driver to carefully push it in all the way, pushing on either side of the plug.
C. Try another sensor lead.

When I unplugged the the lead, the esc characteristics did not change. That's when I thought it may be the problem. Trying another lead, making sure it was in the right way and fully in, it worked. So I plugged in the original lead, making sure, right way and pushed in fully and presto, all good. 👍
You're replying to a 10 year old thread.