Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Lrp x12 torque timing settings and the "other motors" setting?
Is there a performance increase using x12 torque timing on another motor(reedy sonic) ?
Also, with the "other motors" settings, what does a higher value do to the performance of the motor ? The setting is said to change initial drive level, what exactly is this ?
Since no one else answered
I'll take a stab at it

I believe the LRP X-12 settings have a mild, slower slope on the ramp up
This setting will seem slow with "other" motors, but it will keep temps low, and work in perfect harmony with the X-12 motors, as it is a more custom mapping for LRP motors specifically
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

whats a good setting to increase the torque on a lrp x12 13.5?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

I have a LRP TC Spec V2 speedo would a Savox SC-1251MG servo trash the BEC on the speedo? If so what would be a cheaper alternative?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by noline
I have a LRP TC Spec V2 speedo would a Savox SC-1251MG servo trash the BEC on the speedo? If so what would be a cheaper alternative?
It probably would. The guys at LRP on their forum said that there is a connection between BEC failure and savox servos. I had a savox servo that i bought for $75-80 and when i bought the LRP speedy i bought a sanwa/airtronics servo for $100 and i have had no problems at all. Guys at my track have had their BECs fail and they use savox type servos.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It probably would. The guys at LRP on their forum said that there is a connection between BEC failure and savox servos. I had a savox servo that i bought for $75-80 and when i bought the LRP speedy i bought a sanwa/airtronics servo for $100 and i have had no problems at all. Guys at my track have had their BECs fail and they use savox type servos.
One of our guys at the track was running a Savox servo and blew 4 of these LRP SXX V2 ESCs (2 TC spec and 2 stock spec). His ESCs didn't last a week. One of his fried after 2 heats and he replaced it with a spare and cooked that one during warmup for the main in the same race! The other two fried when he was putting his car together and configuring his endpoints, etc.

I was running a Futaba BLS651 servo in my WGT with the same ESC (SXX V2 Stock spec) and my ESC also died. Mind you, mine died after 2 months where the other guy's ESC would die the same day. I think that everyone from our track that has had this ESC has fried them. At this point, the failure rate is pretty high and the servo brand hasn't really been a factor.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
One of our guys at the track was running a Savox servo and blew 4 of these LRP SXX V2 ESCs (2 TC spec and 2 stock spec). His ESCs didn't last a week. One of his fried after 2 heats and he replaced it with a spare and cooked that one during warmup for the main in the same race! The other two fried when he was putting his car together and configuring his endpoints, etc.

I was running a Futaba BLS651 servo in my WGT with the same ESC (SXX V2 Stock spec) and my ESC also died. Mind you, mine died after 2 months where the other guy's ESC would die the same day. I think that everyone from our track that has had this ESC has fried them. At this point, the failure rate is pretty high and the servo brand hasn't really been a factor.
That is interesting facts Ed that I did not know as I have only ran savox servo's in all my cars all using stock spec's and no burnt out esc's here. With that being said it is making me think of buying diff servo's though lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traitor
That is interesting facts Ed that I did not know as I have only ran savox servo's in all my cars all using stock spec's and no burnt out esc's here. With that being said it is making me think of buying diff servo's though lol.
Yea mine went when trying to configure the endpoints on my WGT when I was getting it ready for the outdoor season. This is after I ran my car for the last two months indoor with that ESC.

Atila burnt out 4 of them and I'm pretty sure he was using a Savox ESC.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What radios are you all using? There may be something with the radios and not just the servo. I I've been using the savöx low profile servo and spektrum system for a long while now without problems.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had 3 Stock Specs in and out of my pan cars and all of them have been fantastic... granted, the latest one only has 2 weekends on it. Using the JR 3650 in all my 12ths and WGT. No issues as of yet.

I ran one of the Stock Specs briefly in a Sedan w/ the Futaba 9452 and it held up great, as well.

Interesting to hear about the BEC failure rate with Savox....
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiggindude6969
I sent my SXX V2 back about a week ago, Put it in the car, did the basic set up, ran it for 10 mins... all was well, went to make a change, dial in some drag break and once i got out of the menu, it stopped working! It was only 4 days old. not a happy camper. I have used LRP only for years and never had an issue, even my chargers are LRP.. I hope they get it together.
I just got a package, they sent me a new speed control, now i need to know if there is a software/ usb program like Tekin hotwire for LRP?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wiggindude6969
I just got a package, they sent me a new speed control, now i need to know if there is a software/ usb program like Tekin hotwire for LRP?
There is a USB Bridge that is used to update the ESC firmware. You can not use this to configure the ESC. You use the buttons on the ESC to set boost/drag/punch etc...
Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which model Sanwa servo did you buy? Thanks,
Old 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You know its funny because i run the savox 1251 in my Losi 22 with this ESC and i have no issues she actually runs very well with no glitch buster needed so i think its just the luck of the draw!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gelshocker
Which model Sanwa servo did you buy? Thanks,
I ended up getting the SRG BL, I was after the SRG BLS but there was none in stock at the time I was ordering, they both have similar specs just the BLS is a bit faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.