Wiki Posts
Search

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickertrf
That really good price. @ Amain selling for $339 + shipping.
Any1 know any online shop selling it for a good price?
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/spm3200.htm
Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
It's annoying but there is nothing wrong and it's not covered in the manual and the Horizon techs say to send in everything.

First the beeping is to tell you that there is no bound rx on that model setting. This is what I do, first turn off the beeping by going into system/alerts and turn tx off. Now it doesn't beep. Next bind the rx and turn off the tx then rx, unplug the bind plug. Turn on the tx then the model, you can turn on the tx alert now and it should be quiet. If not then you may need to repeat the bind process.
After spending nearly 6 hours on the phone waiting and on stand by, I figured out the problem myself.

PROBLEM:
If you program you model name first, then bind the rx to the tx, the transmitter will produce a beeping sound.

FIX:
If name of model is programmed, reset only that model. Bind that model channel to the rx you wish to opperate. After the bind process is complete, go back and program the model name into the transmitter. This is how the book tells you to bind/program the system to additional rx, but I have never done it that way and I traded up from a DX3R to the DX3R PRO. I have always programmed the name into the transmitters model selection first, then bind the rx to the tx. Can not do it that way on my unite with out the beeping sound.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1. hoping someone has had experience with hitec servos and dx3r pro units (not sure if this is a spektrum issue but checking) and can help me - I am getting a loud noise from a hitec 7965MG servo once I turn the transmitter on.
I have it hooked up to the following
Spektrum DX3r pro
SR3100 receiver
IP 3800 35C lipo
Hobbywing Xtreme ESC and Tekin RS Pro
Basically it doesn't matter whether I turn the ESC or Transmitter first the noise is there
Pm with help please
2. Can you use the dx3r pro and sr3000 receiver with the electric telemetry unit? If yes do you plug it into battery/bind or aux? Because if I plug into battery/bind I will need to bind everytime I use the unit.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I just bought it at amain for $319 and got $25 off of the coupon so i paid $284 for it
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emerge
1. hoping someone has had experience with hitec servos and dx3r pro units (not sure if this is a spektrum issue but checking) and can help me - I am getting a loud noise from a hitec 7965MG servo once I turn the transmitter on.
I have it hooked up to the following
Spektrum DX3r pro
SR3100 receiver
IP 3800 35C lipo
Hobbywing Xtreme ESC and Tekin RS Pro
Basically it doesn't matter whether I turn the ESC or Transmitter first the noise is there
Pm with help please
2. Can you use the dx3r pro and sr3000 receiver with the electric telemetry unit? If yes do you plug it into battery/bind or aux? Because if I plug into battery/bind I will need to bind everytime I use the unit.

Does this happen while servo horn is connected? If so check for binding. Im running the 7955tg also have this problem making a clicking noise also hooked up to sr3100/dx3R. If there are no binding going on...since these are digital servos these are normal to hear noise. Its probably between the gear teeth trying to find gear.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by per4m28
Does this happen while servo horn is connected? If so check for binding. Im running the 7955tg also have this problem making a clicking noise also hooked up to sr3100/dx3R. If there are no binding going on...since these are digital servos these are normal to hear noise. Its probably between the gear teeth trying to find gear.
My Hitecs are a little noisier than most digitals except for Savox regardless of the radio system.

BTW: You can't hear the noise from the driver's stand.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by per4m28
Thanks will do. What I noticed last night was that the noise was relative to how tight the servo saver screw was on the horn. When I untied it slightly noise decreased to just when i was turning it. So I guess I could be a binding issue just not sure where. The hitec site said to unscrew the case screws by a quarter turn so will try that first otherwise not sure because I dont think it would be wise to drive with the servo saver screw untightened.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Thanks will do. What I noticed last night was that the noise was relative to how tight the servo saver screw was on the horn. When I untied it slightly noise decreased to just when i was turning it. So I guess I could be a binding issue just not sure where. The hitec site said to unscrew the case screws by a quarter turn so will try that first otherwise not sure because I dont think it would be wise to drive with the servo saver screw untightened.

yes thats worth a try to back of screw casing 1/4 turn!!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slip a washer under the screw or use a shorter screw but be sure the servo saver isn't pressing against the servo case.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Telemetry

Does anyone know if you can hook up the telemetry module with the sr3100 receiver? And which point if you can. Battery or aux. I have hooked it up to the battery but it will not bind
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know if you can hook up the telemetry module with the sr3100 receiver? And which point if you can. Battery or aux. I have hooked it up to the battery but it will not bind
If your looking to get telemetry info on your DX3R pro you need a Spectrum
sr3300t receiver. Purchased the on board module and sensors thinking they would work. Did not, I called Horizon. they told me the sr3300t receiver in order for telemetry to work on the DX3R pro.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1M
If your looking to get telemetry info on your DX3R pro you need a Spectrum
sr3300t receiver. Purchased the on board module and sensors thinking they would work. Did not, I called Horizon. they told me the sr3300t receiver in order for telemetry to work on the DX3R pro.
Damn thanks for that. Guess I can stop trying to get it to work lol
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yea, one reason I got the Pro was for the telemetry. With the sr3300t and sensors it does work. I have rpm and heat sensor on for my electric car.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1M
Yea, one reason I got the Pro was for the telemetry. With the sr3300t and sensors it does work. I have rpm and heat sensor on for my electric car.
I took a punt that the module would work with the sr3100. Nothing i read said otherwise. Oh well sr3300 it is. Really need that heat sensor. Anyone got a 3300 they want to get rid of pm me.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Telemetery does not work with DSM2 receivers. That is pretty well documented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.